Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased an '09 CPO Escalade ESV with 88,000 miles in January 2013. Ride was good until I reached about 95,000 miles. I attempted to schedule an appt with service but they were always too busy to look at it. As I am also very busy, I could never get the vehicle service. I particularly wanted to have this looked at as the truck is under CPO warranty until 9-1-2015 or 100,000 miles. Now, I am at 105,000 miles and I definitely want to have this issue checked out as it had become progressively worse. So once again, I called the dealer and they scheduled an appt for me on 1-30-15. I arrive to my appt under the impression that they could at least look and identify what's wrong. Turns out they cannot look at the truck until 2-4-2015. I drove almost 30 miles to this dealer and discovered this once I arrived. This is why I missed my first attempt as the communication is not good on what to expect. Otherwise, I would have had my wife follow me to the dealership. Now, I also have the added expense of a rental car that I unexpectantly had to arrange with the dealer to avoid having to reschedule and so on and so forth.

I believe I need new MRC shocks front and back. I don't think it is fair for me to have to pay out of pocket as I attempted to have this reviewed before reaching 100,000. The dealer explained they are servicing a high volume of recalls. The service agent stated that 20 of 60 vehicles they service per day are directly related to recalls and slows down their process. While I understand that, these recalls have also slowed down my due diligent effort to have my vehicle serviced.

I hope my efforts are visible enough to have the vehicle serviced under the CPO warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out I needed front shocks and a new compressor. $2,000. Too bad my warranty expired and the dealer was not willing to consider their additional cycle time.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
41 Posts
If I were you I would not pay that much for shocks.

My 2010 needed the same thing, and was quoted a couple G from the dealer for repair. You can get the shocks for half what the dealer charges on amazon.

My part Numbers were

580 - 1057 (Rear)

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-580-1057-Original-Equipment-Absorber/dp/B00JM6NH1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422989245&sr=8-1&keywords=580+1057

580- 435 (Front)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDQ14DE/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1422989275&sr=1&keywords=580+435

I am not 100 percent sure if the 09 part numbers are the same but if you end up paying out of pocket, this is the way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts