Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an Escalade ESV in January 2015 from a dealership in Anchorage, Alaska. The allotment was finally picked up in May and the vehicle was built by the end of May. It has been stuck in Arlington since. The only information I can get from dealership is that the ESV is sitting in quality control. Anyone know of how I can find out what the hold up is? Very frustrating.Any ideas?

·
Registered
09 escalade
540 Posts
truenorth4 said:
I ordered an Escalade ESV in January 2015 from a dealership in Anchorage, Alaska. The allotment was finally picked up in May and the vehicle was built by the end of May. It has been stuck in Arlington since. The only information I can get from dealership is that the ESV is sitting in quality control. Anyone know of how I can find out what the hold up is? Very frustrating.Any ideas?
My original order sat at quality control stage for about 2 months,
I tried finding out what it was and no one could really answer beside saying next week it will done but it took about 8 weeks.
Gm don't have a customer care,
They just have manufacturing and dealers.
No one in between to communicate other then 3rd party people who will repeatedly say they are sorry but no info whatsoever.

I was really frustrated like you and went ahead and purchased another one
10 days later my original order showed up.

If I was you,
I will go ahead try to find another one close to my specs,
Or just say
Vehicle be here in end of July.
Stop waiting and live your life for a month
I'm sure it will get there In a month or so but who knows exactly when.

Good luck

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My original order sat at quality control stage for about 2 months,
I tried finding out what it was and no one could really answer beside saying next week it will done but it took about 8 weeks.
Gm don't have a customer care,
They just have manufacturing and dealers.
No one in between to communicate other then 3rd party people who will repeatedly say they are sorry but no info whatsoever.

I was really frustrated like you and went ahead and purchased another one
10 days later my original order showed up.

If I was you,
I will go ahead try to find another one close to my specs,
Or just say
Vehicle be here in end of July.
Stop waiting and live your life for a month
I'm sure it will get there In a month or so but who knows exactly when.

Good luck
Thanks for the reply. Our dealership is the only Cadillac dealership in the state of Alaska. There are no other ESV's available.Otherwise we would have considered other options. Seems crazy to settle at 85,000 plus price point. We would have to go to Seattle and purchase the vehicle, plus have it shipped here. Our dealership has been slow on allotments too. We are a family of 5 with a large retriever and we visit our fishing cabin 2.5 hrs away on a weekly basis in the summer. Wife has ACADIA Denali, but not cutting it for cargo and hauling. We were hoping to have it by the 4th of July as stated by our dealer, but all we can do is wait it out. Frustrating. Hope it is worth the wait.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
All these extended holds in Q.C is a big red flag to me! With all the known problems/issues/ technical service bulletins that have already come to the surface over the last year, I would read this as a Everything happens for a reason! The 2016's will be hitting the dealers lots in about a month now. This late in the year I would advise you to wait and get the all the updates on the 2016.
If your local dealer doesn't have a large allocation, contact a larger dealer anywhere in the U.S. You can order one via the courtesy delivery program. GM will ship your new vehicle to your local dealer. I was a Chevy sales manger, this is not abnormal at all.
I know the waiting is tough, but waiting this long Then having all the 2015 known problems will only make it worse. And you'll now have Last years model if you need to get out of the vehicle.

WAIT AND GET A 2016. ;) I have a good Caddy fleet manager if you need any help. Pm me if you like.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Could this be an issue due to shipping to Alaska, do they have to wait until they have more cars that need to be shipped there so they leave it in limbo in QC until they have enough to ship?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
09 escalade
540 Posts
LDYNREDD said:
Could this be an issue due to shipping to Alaska, do they have to wait until they have more cars that need to be shipped there so they leave it in limbo in QC until they have enough to ship? Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No
That can't be.

If it was released it would say
Waiting to be transport
Not quality control...

----------

truenorth4 said:
Thanks for the reply. Our dealership is the only Cadillac dealership in the state of Alaska. There are no other ESV's available.Otherwise we would have considered other options. Seems crazy to settle at 85,000 plus price point. We would have to go to Seattle and purchase the vehicle, plus have it shipped here. Our dealership has been slow on allotments too. We are a family of 5 with a large retriever and we visit our fishing cabin 2.5 hrs away on a weekly basis in the summer. Wife has ACADIA Denali, but not cutting it for cargo and hauling. We were hoping to have it by the 4th of July as stated by our dealer, but all we can do is wait it out. Frustrating. Hope it is worth the wait.
Just hang in there my friend,
Last few weeks does seem like forever.
I was in your shoes
Waited 5 months....

----------

TOBTEK said:
All these extended holds in Q.C is a big red flag to me! With all the known problems/issues/ technical service bulletins that have already come to the surface over the last year, I would read this as a Everything happens for a reason! The 2016's will be hitting the dealers lots in about a month now. This late in the year I would advise you to wait and get the all the updates on the 2016. If your local dealer doesn't have a large allocation, contact a larger dealer anywhere in the U.S. You can order one via the courtesy delivery program. GM will ship your new vehicle to your local dealer. I was a Chevy sales manger, this is not abnormal at all. I know the waiting is tough, but waiting this long Then having all the 2015 known problems will only make it worse. And you'll now have Last years model if you need to get out of the vehicle. WAIT AND GET A 2016. ;) I have a good Caddy fleet manager if you need any help. Pm me if you like.
I didn't know you could do that,
Impressive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts