Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[2015 Escalade] (purchased August 2014) I was wondering if you could listen to this audio and tell me if this engine moan is typical of this engine? When I purchased I never noticed it, it later developed. I'm parked and revving engine up and down from 2000 rpm, as rpms go down you hear the moan.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
evois I made no mention about loudness, that isn't what I was bringing up in this thread it's more related to the MOAN noise, which isn't from injectors. I have had several prior GM vehicles with direct injection engines without this moan and that is why this concerns me.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Mine was a December build 2015i..... and i just went out and ran it as you did....makes the same noise. I believe what Tec80 said above is probably correct......and is normal. In fact....I can here the trans pump sort of sounding like a "turbine" as it winds up in the lower gears. This is a powerful engine, lots of torque and a complex new trans.....there WILL be sounds and this is not a bad one.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
I used to hear my hybrid's whirring sound everytime the 4auto kicks in. The platinum sounds the same however with its mouth open like a burping loud?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts