Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. Just bought a 2010 Escalade. I did not notice ( not sure how I missed it ) that the door reveal moldings are faded and discolored. I have ordered new ones.
Can anyone tell me what is involved in the change out? Any videos anywhere? I do not have shop manuals, I'm sure that would help. Helpful advice welcomed.

Thanks
Rich
SC

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 Escalade with 91000 km and my Reveal mouldings are all discolored and faded, the dealer said that it is "wear and tear" , the problem is that the rest of the vehicle has none of the fading and discoloring anywhere so this tells
me that the factory had a problem with these moulding. all four(4) reveal mouldings are severely tarnished. GM will not stand behind these moulding and the cost to replace is $2500. They will not even admit there is a problem. I guess I will go to social media and tell everybody. this vehicle is in a garage for 6 months a year. NOT FAIR.......

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade Esv
8 Posts
Newbie here. Just bought a 2010 Escalade. I did not notice ( not sure how I missed it ) that the door reveal moldings are faded and discolored. I have ordered new ones.
Can anyone tell me what is involved in the change out? Any videos anywhere? I do not have shop manuals, I'm sure that would help. Helpful advice welcomed.

Thanks
Rich
SC
I know this thread is way old but did you ever find a video or write up…?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
340 Posts
There are many options on the internet. Solid stick on, vinyl stickers, chrome, carbon fiber wraps. Ebay and Amazon has numerous options.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I kinda fell into a deal where I can get all the reveals for the cost of one I need to know how to remove.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay people I'll post this here wanted to take photos and it a video and left the house without my phone. Roll window down. Remove trim from inside of door around window. Once removed you'll see 10-12 clips can't remember squeeze them together with dikes or needle nose. Carefully from outside pry away from door I started at back side and moved forward around the window. Once they're free you should be able to pull up and remove reveal. I cracked the first one trying to pry it the bottom don't do that. Once clips are pinched and pried it simply pull piece up. I'll post pics and video once I get these ready for install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts