Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone
I am new to the forums but not new to Cadillac. Hoping someone can assist with the below questions as I am looking to buy a 2021 Escalade Sport. Thank you in advance

- Any recommended sales people in the Atlanta area?

- What is the average amount GM Supplier pricing takes off the vehicle?

-Does it make sense to wait until this summer when the 2022 models are released?

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV Premium
326 Posts
There are a lot of exclusions on the order sheet now. Buying a 2022 may give you exactly what you want. No matter what you do, expect to wait up to 6 months to receive the vehicle you really want.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello Everyone
I am new to the forums but not new to Cadillac. Hoping someone can assist with the below questions as I am looking to buy a 2021 Escalade Sport. Thank you in advance

-Does it make sense to wait until this summer when the 2022 models are released?
GM Supplier is about 6-7%. For a Sport Plat is is about $7500.

RE 2022... if you order now you will likely get a 2022... things are very backed up.

Reactions: Carguyatl

·
Registered
25 Posts
Keep checking dealer inventory and making calls! I finally found an ESV Sport in my state that A) has the options I want and B) will accept the GM supplier - which is roughly $5300 on the Sport ESV with a few options (driver tech and power assist step).

You can build your own or search dealer inventory at their website, just google search for “GM supplier discount.”

I just noticed today that Cadillac raised both the base price and shipping costs on new builds..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Everyone

Check out https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/build-and-price/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Keep checking dealer inventory and making calls! I finally found an ESV Sport in my state that A) has the options I want and B) will accept the GM supplier
Well, when I spoke to the actual sales manager, turns out they are not honoring GM Supplier discount for in stock models ... I just ordered one to get the supplier price. Good luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really wonder if anyone is dumb enough to pay $10k, $20k or 30k over MSRP for a GM SUV. I think the dealers have decided to be greedy but I think it will backfire, no one is going to pay those prices. I think they figured they would ask those prices while they are waiting for cars to come it, why not. Once the escalades land on the lots and sit there and they have a customer in front of them they will take MSRP (or a little less.) My Durango SRT had a $25k ADM tag hanging from the rear view mirror.... $25k markup on an Dodge Durango. I just ignored the tag and sat there for 4 hours till they sold me the car for $12k under sticker (they actually regretted doing that.) Anyway. My advice to anyone who is trying to buy an Escalade today is to simply wait... wait long enough that the car you want is actually off the truck and at the lot. Don't agree to ADM before the thing even arrives. And really... everyone just needs to call up Lockhart and work with Matt and Jason... then you will get what you want for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am sure there are people paying over msrp. Some people are fine with paying more to get what they want now. Not everyone can wait 4-6 month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are a lot of exclusions on the order sheet now. Buying a 2022 may give you exactly what you want. No matter what you do, expect to wait up to 6 months to receive the vehicle you really want.
Any idea when the 2022 build tool goes live on the web?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am sure there are people paying over msrp. Some people are fine with paying more to get what they want now. Not everyone can wait 4-6 month.
Sad if that happens and people start to think this car is worth $120k+. I really love the Escalade... but I really don't think it is not a $110k car, I will pay that for one... but compared to what else $110k buys you... I just don't think the Escalade compares. The new Grand Wagoneer is $108k fully loaded and it has more power, more towing capacity (2-2.5k more!), a more refined/luxury interior (no plastic, everything is covered in leather.) But I am cancelling my Grand Wagoneer order because the thing is just so ugly from the outside.:-/ The X7 and GLS (both with much better motors, etc.) drive better and have better fit and finish. And it is crazy that my wife's SQ8 can tow 7700 pounds and my Durango can tow 8700 pounds and somehow GM designed the Escalade so that the non-HD tow Escalade can only tow 7500# and HD package bumps that to 7900#s. But... I still plan to pick up an Escalade because it just fits what I want right now (but I don't keep cars all that long.) The Grand Wagoneer might be a better car in almost every way... but it is just too big and looks like an Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would guess sometime around Aug/Sept.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m in the same boat now... if my order is not received by August, I’ll cancel it and wait until they start taking 2022 orders.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sad if that happens and people start to think this car is worth $120k+. I really love the Escalade... but I really don't think it is not a $110k car, I will pay that for one... but compared to what else $110k buys you... I just don't think the Escalade compares. The new Grand Wagoneer is $108k fully loaded and it has more power, more towing capacity (2-2.5k more!), a more refined/luxury interior (no plastic, everything is covered in leather.) But I am cancelling my Grand Wagoneer order because the thing is just so ugly from the outside.:-/ The X7 and GLS (both with much better motors, etc.) drive better and have better fit and finish. And it is crazy that my wife's SQ8 can tow 7700 pounds and my Durango can tow 8700 pounds and somehow GM designed the Escalade so that the non-HD tow Escalade can only tow 7500# and HD package bumps that to 7900#s. But... I still plan to pick up an Escalade because it just fits what I want right now (but I don't keep cars all that long.) The Grand Wagoneer might be a better car in almost every way... but it is just too big and looks like an Honda Pilot.
Agreed.

Mine, as ordered, had an MSRP of $110,000. GM had a price increase in the interim, and the dealer added $3,000 markup for a new sticker of $114,000…even though we agreed on the Costco/Supplier Discount when I ordered.

The lease payment they quoted me was MORE than the quotes I’d received on a Range Rover and an S-Class, and both of those listed for AT LEAST $10,000 MORE than the Escalade. And while the new Escalade is nice, it still isn’t a $100,000 vehicle. My 2018 was $98k and it definitely didn’t fell anywhere close to that price, but at least there were discounts involved.…

·
Registered
74 Posts
But... I still plan to pick up an Escalade because it just fits what I want right now (but I don't keep cars all that long.)
That's the key right there. You can list all the complaints right now compared to others, but this still is the only car that fits your needs. That's why people are paying more, they are limited on what else they can get. Especially in a time where all manufactures are having production issues.

This is a dealers market, they have the leverage. In all honesty if this car was released with a $10k higher msrp, I still would have ordered one. Like you, I need a car that fits my needs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's the key right there. You can list all the complaints right now compared to others, but this still is the only car that fits your needs. That's why people are paying more, they are limited on what else they can get. Especially in a time where all manufactures are having production issues.

This is a dealers market, they have the leverage. In all honesty if this car was released with a $10k higher msrp, I still would have ordered one. Like you, I need a car that fits my needs.
Yes... but I am smart enough that I am only buying at the supplier discount price. And I do think the Escalade has the potential to be a 110k+ car.. they just need to use less generic parts from the Tahoe but that would of course hurt the margins. What the Wagoneer has going for it is that Jeep designed it from the start to be a premium luxury SUV, so even the base model is a high level of kit and design in it. GM designed the cheapest Tahoe possible, then attempted to spec it up well enough to double the price and call it a Cadillac.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes... but I am smart enough that I am only buying at the supplier discount price. And I do think the Escalade has the potential to be a 110k+ car.. they just need to use less generic parts from the Tahoe but that would of course hurt the margins. What the Wagoneer has going for it is that Jeep designed it from the start to be a premium luxury SUV, so even the base model is a high level of kit and design in it. GM designed the cheapest Tahoe possible, then attempted to spec it up well enough to double the price and call it a Cadillac.
I do wonder if Jeep will be giving an extended warranty - equivalent to that of Cadillac/Lincoln.

I agree about not willing to pay above GM Supplier- but unfortunately the ball is in the Dealership’s court... very limited supply means they can afford to let the car sit for the price they want.

I had to order my Escalade because that was the only way to get supplier for the model/specs I wanted. However if it isn’t ready by August- I’ll cancel and wait for a 2022 model.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do wonder if Jeep will be giving an extended warranty - equivalent to that of Cadillac/Lincoln.

I agree about not willing to pay above GM Supplier- but unfortunately the ball is in the Dealership’s court... very limited supply means they can afford to let the car sit for the price they want.

I had to order my Escalade because that was the only way to get supplier for the model/specs I wanted. However if it isn’t ready by August- I’ll cancel and wait for a 2022 model.
Same... I need the HD tow package which seriously limits the units available. So I also needed to order to get what I wanted and be at supplier pricing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts