Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a train horn installed to my escalade esv and its connected to the battery. But for some reason, even when the car is off the compressor recompresses air while its not in use. I was wondering if theres a way to make the compressor start up every time I start the car and turn off everytime I shut the engine off. Its really pissing me off because I have a feeling that my battery is going to drain out one day and I'll have to call roadside from my house lol.

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
I have a train horn installed to my escalade esv and its connected to the battery. But for some reason, even when the car is off the compressor recompresses air while its not in use. I was wondering if theres a way to make the compressor start up every time I start the car and turn off everytime I shut the engine off. Its really pissing me off because I have a feeling that my battery is going to drain out one day and I'll have to call roadside from my house lol.
Its not the compressor you should be concerned with. Mine has a separate pressure switch that comes on at 140PSI and cuts off at 210PSI. That switch is where I put a relay on the positive side. My relay is tied to my ACC so Relay only engages power when the ignition is on.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Did you use a relay for the install? If so you should have put on side to a switched source (horn button), and the other to the battery with a fuse. If the pump still automatically pulls current with the relay properly wired you could change the second wire (the 12V wire with the fuse) over to a switched source, so it will only draw power with the vehicle started. I hope that makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts