Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my 06 ESV up today and the windshield washer & wiper stay activated no matter what I do until I turn the vehicle off. Got back home, turned it off and locked the doors and when I came out like 30-40 mins later I noticed that the radio was still on whereas normally, it'll automatically shut off after a couple of mins.

Anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Strangely (but thankfully) the issue has stopped! I have no idea what happened. Hopefully it stays like this!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright so the problem continued so I brought it to a local garage for a checkup. They're telling me that it's a bad wiper motor that's causing the issue. Does that sound plausible?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
baller95 said:
Alright just making sure before I order the part lol
The only parts in the wiper system are the stalk(column) the bcm(in the dash behind the driver's side knee bolster) the wiper motor

Now you can bench test the wiper motor by connecting straight 12volt to it or check the voltage outputs to the motor with a multi meter

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,123 Posts
The wiper motor has a park switch which keeps them running down to their parked (off) position after you turn the wipers off. If the park switch is defective and does not open when the wipers reach park they will keep running whenever the key is on. It could be your problem.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
N9LO said:
The wiper motor has a park switch which keeps them running down to their parked (off) position after you turn the wipers off. If the park switch is defective and does not open when the wipers reach park they will keep running whenever the key is on. It could be your problem.
You do know it built into the motor?

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,123 Posts
The wiper park position sensor inside the motor could be bad. It allows the motor to keep running after you turn the switch off until they reach the park position. If it thinks the wipers have not reached park it will run the wipers whenever the key is on.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the new front wiper motor and it's at the shop being replaced. Hope it works!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts