Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,817 Posts
1998 through 2004 Seville wheels are spoked and are the correct bolt pattern and offset -
16" for the SLS - 17" for the STS -

·
Registered
499 Posts
1998 through 2004 Seville wheels are spoked and are the correct bolt pattern and offset -
16" for the SLS - 17" for the STS -
So the 98-04 STS came with 17” wheels but the ETC came with 16” wheels? Wow I never even knew that. Strange that the Eldo didn’t get the same treatment since they’re supposed to be brother & sister.

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,616 Posts
17" wheels were optional on some models/years. Model by model, it depends on whether the car was part of a dealer floorplan group buy or if the original owner sat down and assembled the car out of the black book.

You could get 16s or 17s on my series of 2002 STS and I have seen the chromed 7-spoke 17s on an SLS.

ALL Eldorado came with 16s, even the ECS last gasp cars. I do not see 17s as an OEM option for Eldorado.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/store/CADILLAC.asp

Eldorado is/was not a "sister" to Seville. Different critter.

Here's the late STS chrome 17" wheel. "Flat spoke, faceted".

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
That’s correct, Eldorado is the brother, Seville is the sister. There’s no such thing as a girl Eldorado except for maybe a 57-60’ Eldorado Seville, Lol.

I’ve always considered the Seville the sister version of its brother Eldorado. Other than the 76-79 Sevilles, every other Seville starting with the 1980 version resembled the Eldorado but had 4 doors. Similar bodies except for minor differences in the front end/grill and a bit different rear ends/taillights. But overall they’ve all been near the same shape and dimensions and the interiors is where you know they couldn’t be anything but siblings.
80-85’ Basically same interiors.
86-91 Same again.
92-97 Same again.
Coupe / Sedan.
Over the years the Seville was looked at as the more prestigious model and I never really understood why that was the case, especially considering the 80-85’ Seville was a bit turd looking. I dunno I just never thought that body style went well with the 4 smallish doors and the peacock trunk was a bit too funky.

The 76-79 Sevilles were really nice cars. I’ve always been fond of them. Best selling Cadillacs of all time if I’m not mistaken.

·
18,817 Posts
The 76-79 Sevilles were really nice cars.
compared to what?

I’ve always been fond of them.
not sure what you liked about them - the Olds motor?

Best selling Cadillacs of all time if I’m not mistaken.
you are WAY BEYOND just "mistaken" - in fact - they were a miserable failure -
1975 - 16,355
1976 - 43,772
1977 - 45,060
1978 - 56,985
1979 - 53,487
here are just a few examples -
1970 Deville - 181,719
1972 Deville - 194,811
1973 Deville - 216,243
1977 Deville - 234,171
1978 Deville - 206,701
1979 Deville - 215,101

·
Registered
499 Posts
I wasn’t comparing them to anything, I just said I liked them. I like how the styling was ahead of its time. 1975 Seville & Eldorado was the 1st year Cadillac used square headlights, the 1st gen Seville is a handsome looking car, Cadillac trimmed the fat without making the car too small which IMO the only time in history that they were successful in doing so.

Cimmaron - Too small
1986-91 Seville & Eldorado - Too small
Catera - Too small
CTS - Too small [I don’t care how many they sold. It’s too small]
ATS - Too small
XTS - Too small
Some would even argue that the 1985-88 Devilles were too small for Cadillac standards...

But the 1975-79 Sevilles were a nice change of pace with sleek sharp lines back in the mid-late 70’s when most cars including the rest of the Cadillacs were a bit overkill and outdated on the size to the point of looking goofy. And it didn’t seem like you were getting any less of a Cadillac because those Sevilles were the most expensive Cadillacs in 1977. That’s proof they were the top of the line Cadillacs for their time. Maybe they didn’t sell in big numbers because most buyers couldn’t afford them?

How many Escalade Platinums sell compared to base level XT4’s or whatever the cheapo looking CUV that Cadillac sells in droves these days? I don’t even know what it’s called! Best selling Cadillac in 2018, would you be interested in getting into 1? I’d rather get into something like a CT6 if I was looking at a new Caddy, even though some would call it a “miserable failure” based on sales figures. I couldn’t care less about figures or what people say, I’d rather travel down my own path and get what I actually want and like :)

As far as my comment about those Sevilles being the best selling Cadillacs of all time? I said “if I’m not mistaken” not “mark my words” lol. Cut me some slack!

It’s not my fault for saying that anyways... Blame Tony from Flemmings Garage. He’s the jackoff who actually said it and I just happened to remember him mentioning it so I assumed he wasn’t full of crap when he made that statement.

Check it out @ 3:15 into this video. Blame him for that outlandish claim. Lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=40tc76LCwKc

I’m not the only 1 who took his word for it either. Lol.

Here’s a nice example of a 1st generation Cadillac Seville. Tell me this isn’t a nice Cadillac? :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q30flSdMfEw&t=17s

·
18,817 Posts
As far as my comment about those Sevilles being the best selling Cadillacs of all time?
I said “if I’m not mistaken” not “mark my words” lol. Cut me some slack!

you better get used to being "called out" when you make - or repeat - a ridiculously inaccurate statement -
something I learned a LONG time ago -
which is why I do my own fact-checking BEFORE I post -

OPINION is one thing -
FACT is altogether different

21 - 27 of 27 Posts