Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first Caddy - 96 Eldo ESC, finally, sweet ride! I am trying to understand where the ESC (ESC badge on right side of trunk lid, like you might see ETC) fits in the Eldorado sceen. Can someone point me to where I could see the differences of the; Eldorado, Eldorado ETC and the Eldorado ESC. For example option differences, how many produced, difference in performance/handling characteristics, etc......

Thanks for the help......:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
ESC = Eldorado Sport Coupe, 275hp
ETC = Eldorado Touring Coupe, 300hp

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice ride.

ETC adds:
1) Continuously-variable road-sensing suspension
2) Magnasteer
3) Audible theft deterrent system
4) 2 position memory driver's seat
5) 4-way adjustable lumbar
6) Dual zone climate control
7) Rainsense wipers
8) Analogue gauges
9) the 300HP engine
10) Electrochromic outside rearview mirror
11) Floor mounted shifter

Out of those, 3, 4,5 10, and a Sport Interior package (8, 6, 11) were optional. I don't think I've ever seen one without the sport interior package.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,710 Posts
I like those wheels what are they?
=======================
before responding to random posts/threads - you should check the date -
this thread died almost 16 YEARS ago - in 2003

you might consider changing your preferences to show NEWEST posts/threads first -

·
Registered
105 Posts
what difference does it make? Its still relevant. And its not random. I searched for these results. Its not dead if someone shows interest in it, whether its right away or 50 years from now. Unless the person Im responding to is dead. Then you may have a point.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Those wheels look similar to the wheels I used to have on my old Eldorado. In my case they weren’t OEM wheels. What kind were they? I can’t remember. They were on the car when I bought it.

I think those might be Vogue Tyres in OP, which would explain why the car as a whole looks even more appealing than normL.

If they are Vogues, then there’s a good chance those would be Vogue Wheels because come to think of it that’s what they would look like.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,710 Posts
what difference does it make? Its still relevant. And its not random. I searched for these results. Its not dead if someone shows interest in it, whether its right away or 50 years from now. Unless the person Im responding to is dead. Then you may have a point.
==============================
Unless the person Im responding to is dead. Then you may have a point.

don't know if 96EldoESC is actually DEAD -
but the last time he logged in was 14 YEARS ago - July 2004 -

close enough?

·
Registered
499 Posts
==============================
Unless the person Im responding to is dead. Then you may have a point.

don't know if 96EldoESC is actually DEAD -
but the last time he logged in was 14 YEARS ago - July 2004 -

close enough?
Maybe he’s in the process of getting his engine re studded, lets give him a little more time... Lol j/k

·
Registered
105 Posts
haahahahahaha... ok you made me laugh pretty hard. Thanks for that I havent laughed in a while. Ya ok... thats close enough you have a good point....

·
Registered
105 Posts
thats nice. thank you. are the wheels pretty much interchangeable throughout the years on this gen? do you know of any factory 5 spokes that will fit?

·
Registered
499 Posts
thats nice. thank you. are the wheels pretty much interchangeable throughout the years on this gen? do you know of any factory 5 spokes that will fit?
Yea the wheels are interchangeable from the years 1992-2002. I can’t think of the exact 5 spoke wheels you’re wanting but I’m pretty sure they exist.

Personally I like these wheels on that gen Eldorado. Paired with the Vogue tyres and I think the Eldorado looks the best it can be :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
9 Participants
basscatt