Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. Please tell me for my CTS 2009 factory year. I have a check engine light. After test the car is eror P0008. Could you please tell everybody what is that eror. Or where can i find this erors explains. Thanks for your kindly.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
Re: eror P0008

This is usually a serious issue.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts

..yes, not good. But I do have a question: A recent poster recounted they had P0008, but after awhile the MIL went out and he said it was running fine - and I don't recall a report it returned/got worse/etc. So I wonder if/how likely it's the case that an isolated P0008 is triggered, but goes away and then there really isn't a problem (for awhile...). Or is a single P0008 always a death $entence?

·
Registered
Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium
333 Posts

Isn't this the code that appears as a result of the infamous timing chain issue on early versions of the Gen 2 CTS ('08 and '09)? If it's the timing chain there is a special warranty that covers repair up to 10 years / 120k miles. I know all '08s are covered, not sure about the '09s.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts

Isn't this the code that appears as a result of the infamous timing chain issue on early versions of the Gen 2 CTS ('08 and '09)? If it's the timing chain there is a special warranty that covers repair up to 10 years / 120k miles. I know all '08s are covered, not sure about the '09s.
He lives in Europe.

·
Registered
CST 2008
4 Posts

Problem is still present (P0008 + P0009 + P0018) after the recall has been made. Dealer is clueless...Anyone!?

12,778 Posts

Problem is still present (P0008 + P0009 + P0018) after the recall has been made. Dealer is clueless...Anyone!?
Hello Rev_on_me,

I am glad to hear that you have been working with your dealership regarding your vehicle concerns, but I apologize that you are still experiencing this situation. Additionally, I am happy to forward your information to the internal resources in your region, as I am set up to assist customers within the United States. Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and the name of your involved dealership if this is on interest. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2009 CTS with a 3.6DI with 14,000 miles.it falls under the extended warranty for the timing chain. Can I just bring it to the dealer and have it changed even nothing's wrong with it.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts

Is the 'recall' you're referring to the one that shortened the 'Oil Life' calculation? That won't fix the cam timing problem indicated by these codes. Dealer shouldn't be 'clueless' about this.

----------

I have a 2009 CTS with a 3.6DI with 14,000 miles.it falls under the extended warranty for the timing chain. Can I just bring it to the dealer and have it changed even nothing's wrong with it.
As you note, timing chain related repairs are covered by an extended 'warranty', not a 'recall'. Like any 'warranty' it only applies after something goes wrong. So I'm rather sure the answer is 'No'. Just make sure to check your oil often, don't let it get dirty/low.

12,778 Posts

Hi JRUDDEN,

Generally, in order to utilize this extended warranty there does have to be an indication of a timing chain concern. However, I would be happy to reach out to the dealership on your behalf to discuss your possible options. If you are interested, please send a PM my way and we can discuss this further.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cadillac Cust Svc said:
Hi JRUDDEN, Generally, in order to utilize this extended warranty there does have to be an indication of a timing chain concern. However, I would be happy to reach out to the dealership on your behalf to discuss your possible options. If you are interested, please send a PM my way and we can discuss this further. Enjoy your day, Austin J. Cadillac Customer Care
I have a appointment on April 8th for a oil change and tire rotation, and for them to check out how loud my engine is getting. I'm taking it to Berger's in Hazleton pa.

Thank you,
John

12,778 Posts

I have a appointment on April 8th for a oil change and tire rotation, and for them to check out how loud my engine is getting. I'm taking it to Berger's in Hazleton pa.

Thank you,
John
You’re welcome John. It sounds like you have a plan in place. Please let me know how the visit goes and feel free to touch base if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best regards,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
Sold my 2009 CTS4 and my 2004 CTS
121 Posts

P0008 was the first code that popped on my 2009 SFI. Last time I looked, I was up to 6-7 codes, all related to the timing chain. The good news, it still runs. It's been about a year since the first code. Bad news; it doesn't run well and it's tough to get rid of the car. I'm now at 109,000.
I took it to the the dealer to see if there was any warranty coverage on the chain. They took my $100 to freaking tell me what I already knew; I need a timing chain.... Thanks, Mr. Obvious.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everybody for answers. Maybe in the USA IS COVER FROM GUARANTEE. In Europe, have anyone ideea wich is the dealer, from what country do that. I have all the tehnical rewiew made it at the Cadillac dealer in Luxembourg and Romania. Where i must to call to take some attention please? I regret to say this,but here with the americans cars is different. The GUARANTEE for customer is 0. A big zero. Regards

·
Registered
14,158 Posts

Our best to you, Badea.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 DI
21 Posts

Hi Austin,

My 2009 CTS DI is sitting at Parker Chevrolet in Ashburn, GA. At highway speeds the check engine light came on and noted the car was running at reduced power, I was in the outer Lane in a major rain storm. This was a very dangerous situation as just minutes prior to this the driver wiper broke. I am 77 years old . Luckily I was able to get over all three lanes to the shoulder of the road.
I limped down the shoulder of the road many miles and went to the first GM dealership I could find. Since I have a heart problem, I was forced to rent a car and return to my home in Dunnellon Florida, 300 mile South of Ashburn.
When I left the dealer had not figured out the exact problem, but felt it could be the fuel pump. Would a fuel pump give these symptoms?

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 DI
21 Posts

Failure code is P0087 and P0089.
I think it odd that this fails around 85,000 miles. I wonder what the manufacture guarantees Cadillac.

COMPLAINT:

REPORT ON THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON THE DASH (WG)
REDUCED ENGINE POWER MESSAGE COMES UP ON THE DIC

CAUSE:

PUMP PRESSURE LOW (6C)

CORRECTION:

CHECK PCM CODES P0087, P0089 SYM 00. CHECK PSB ID: 2120768
REMOVE INTAKE PLENIUM, AND INSPECT WIRING FOR CHAFFING.
NO WIRES CHAFFED, PSB DID NOT FIX CONDITION.
CONTINUE DIAGNOSIS. DESIRED FUEL PRESSURE 500 PSI ACTUAL
FUEL PRESSURE 67 PSI. DIAG HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP FAILURE
NOTE - WHEN ENGINE RUNNING LOW PRESSURE GAUGE FLUTTERING
BETWEEN 20-70 PSI KEY ON ENGINE OFF LOW PRESS 55 PSI.
PART ON RESTRICTION CASE #10325855. ORDER HP PUMP.
REPLACE HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP ON REAR OF LEFT CYL HEAD.
Part# of the pump is 12626234

·
Registered
14,158 Posts

How much are they quoting for repairs?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts