Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My first question is:

I have a 1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4.9 ltr , and the diagnostic trouble codes said E 55, which means TPS Misadjusted. What does that mean? What is a TPS? Can i fix it?

Second Question:

One night i turned on my car, and my headlights wouldnt turn on. I have the twilight sentinel always on, yet this time, they wouldn't turn on. I was unnable to turn them on with the manual pull switch, and i was a little worried. My brights wouldnt work either.

After messing with the switches for a few minutes, the headlights did turn on. However, to this day, i havent been able to get my brights on. The strange thing is that even the "Brights" lever on the steering column won't work. It quite literally won't "click" like it used to.
Any ideas why it won't turn on? or why it won't click (cause and effect, i'm sure)

Thanks for reading!
-Matt

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard Matt.... Thanks for signing up :wave:

1. TPS is THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR.... It detects how open the throttle is so it tell the tranny when to shift.... Im not exactly sure how to adjust it on your car, but someone will chime in with specific help!!!!

2. Get a new brights switch.... Its got little plastic parts that break after 11 years of clicking! Im not sure about your lights, but Id go through and check your connections.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts