Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 cts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my 2003 cts in to get the codes read and it came up a p0128 code or im pretty sure cause its some sloppy writing lol does anybody know what this could be linked to and a rookie question here just got my cts 2 months ago and i got a fuel filter what do i neede to replace it thanks and does anybody know where to find a ctsv bumper black my bumper has a crazy amount of stone chips on the bumper and front of the hood does anybody make aftermarket hood for the cts ?

thanks

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
For one, you can pull your own codes in 2003 models. Just turn the key to ON and hold F1 and F6 together for a few seconds, the dash will light up all crazy like and then the DTC menu will appear in your DIC. Second, no one here has the OBDII codes memorized, we need the definition of the code in order to start troubleshooting.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
I have it memorized. The P0128 is the thermostat not at regulating temperature code. I get it all the time. Just clear it. Its not really anything important IMO. It happens when the car is cold, and you turn on the heater. Doesn't happen during hotter days / summer.

[edit]
and yeah, read your own codes. thats what the 03s are good for.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
its your thermostat, and you should replace it, your engine is operating below normal operating temp

as vor the V bumper...its not easy to come by in ontario....V's are rare here.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
its your thermostat, and you should replace it, your engine is operating below normal operating temp

as vor the V bumper...its not easy to come by in ontario....V's are rare here.
I only see this code when its cold and I put the heater on. If I don't put the heater on, this code never pops up.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
that means its stuck part way open, with the heater off it manages to stay within the minimum opp temp, but as soon as you turn your heater on the t-stat cant close enough to keep the engine warmer, you are basically constantly trying to warm up the engine...its not good for it.
now if its summer, you clear the code and dont use your heater probably not a big deal but in colder temps you want this working.

·
Registered
2003 cts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't forget a colder engine burns more fuel. Replacing a t-stat on a 3.2 is not a job for a newbie
this is very true ill get a quote for it soon i have noticed my mpg getting a lil worse thats why i bought the fuel filter hopin it would help is it worth it to get a 180 stack if there even is one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts