Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Most reliable car you've owned, foreign or american

• American (yay!)

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Foreign (booo..)

Votes: 4 20.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, it's 10pm. Been up since 3. On pain killers for a ^$**#ed up knee. Random question time.

What's the most reliable car you ever owned? for me it was my first.

1995 merc sable GS. went over 120k HARD miles with only 2 problems. 1 was a hose got a pinhole and sprayed coolant everywhere. second was the speedo was messed up a bit.

k your turn now.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
my most reliable vehicle was my 02 jimmy untill it was smashed and hacked back together. even after ive only had to replace minor things.
200,000k, on the clock and only a intermediate shaft plastic clip that broke from the bolt not being torqued enough, thermostat, idle air motor, then i did a tune up this winter, (plugs wires and rotor) and front sway links ($10 each). its time to have shocks and ball joints done, but to date ive maybe got 500 in parts in it(other than collision damage)

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
i still have the jimmy.

now the jimmy is back to stock but with ) offset 2WD rims (mine is 4x4) so they stick out to give it a wider wheel base.
love those trucks, just mine isnt safe anymore, its only used in the wintet,and even that seems too much.

i really miss my sonoma...(damn bad driver ran it over and when i got it back 6-8 months later it was never the same, shake, and rattle like crazy...had to trade it in...thats y i got the jimmy)

Reactions: BlackCadillac91

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
most reliable car i've ever owned was my 2003 mustang v6, bought with 30,000 miles and all i ever had to do was an alternator, battery and brakes, just sold with 108,000 miles and by far the best car i've ever owned...miss it alot, but sad thing is the least dependable vehicle i have owned is by far my cts:(,(not including my camaro that had a reason to break) love it but its been one thing after another, the cts has NEVER been beat and has low miles and the damn thing spent an average of a week of repairs per month since i bought it in november(now i see why people buy cadillacs brand new and trade them in every 4-5years).

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L V6
275 Posts
Mine was a 2001 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton single cab stepside. My dad bought it in Mexico. Then i inherited it. It was a "400 SS." she had body colored front a rear bumpers. "400 SS" decals on the side and a "Chevrolet" decal on the tailgate that was similar to the ones on the "454 SS" of the early nineties. it had a 350 with an auto transmission, bucket seats with the center console. She was a beast. I could haul a whole bundle of 3/4" osb board in the bed and she wouldn't flinch (I worked construction back in those days). I think she was at around 200k miles when we sold her. No major work done to her. Straight maintenance. Only oil changes, brake jobs, etc... She was a great truck.

These aren't pics of my truck but mine looked just like this one (except mine were only 20's, not 22's)

Attachments

·
Registered
06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hot cars guys, jran i have an 02 GT now and i love it but she's soaking up my cash in mods lol.

Now that I'm sober (lol at least not quite as loopy) I got to read through these. Definitely cool that you're all big on american cars. I have nothing against most foreign brands but personally I wouldn't buy anything other than American. More specifically Ford or GM. I have lost my faith in Dodge/Chrysler as far as reliability goes (*for newer cars*). Though they do make some great looking rides!

Keep this coming this has been pretty cool so far

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Over the years I have notice a lot of guys on here went from a blazer\Jimmy to the cts.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,498 Posts
Most reliable was my 95 STS, drove it for 1 year, 32k. Came with 135k went out due to baseball sized hail with 167k. Replaced fuel pump and brake booster. Anything else was regular maintenance

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Cts
162 Posts
94 toyota celica 120k when i bought it 180k when i got rid of it 4 years later. the only reason i got rid of it was because the body rusted out, if it weren't for that id probly still be driving it.

·
Registered
04' CTS 3.6L
163 Posts
I had an 89 Nissan Maxima that i bought with 189,000 miles and drove it to 275,000 miles before i got rear ended which ended a great run. Never had any issues besides my rack and pinion steering replaced for $100 and a rotted muffler that needed to be replaced. It was a beast of a car with only 160HP!

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
99 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 4x4.
I had it on a 3 inch lift and 30 inch tall mudders. it was my daily driver and had just turned 110,000 with NO mechanical issues, when some fawking R Tard rear ended me going 30 mph on the freeway. I let the insurance company total her. But what I should have done is bought it back and fixed it on my own.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts

·
Registered
2004 cts sport
856 Posts
it was a 8 cyclinder, but was misfiring on 1,3,5,8. was beat up bad but wouldnt die. i drive my work trucks pretty hard but that was the best by far. now i have a tiny little 2005 f150 cab and a half heritage package and i hate it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts