Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Guess sugar in the gas really is a bad idea after all. Good God, people are STOOPID!!!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I thought this thread was gonna be about Daewoos. :(

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
To be an epic fail, there has to be at least the possibility of success, however royally screwed up the ultimate outcome. Therefore, Daewoos, being what they are, do not qualify.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
The only thing that could have made this any more epic is if the OP happened to have Jesda's Chrysler jacket.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
wow...

·
Registered
'98 ETC Black 90k miles
1,061 Posts
Stupid Ricers and NOS - or - How to Ruin a Bike

Kudos to Krashed989 from the Eldo/Seville forum for bringing this to my attention:

Be careful about using NOS fuel additive

>> http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226570 <<

:histeric: I just thought that link fit here.
Oh. My. Freaking. God.

I just read up to page 5 in that forum.

Some stupid kid on a crotch-rocket, thinking he's Mr.Cool, went to a gas station after his bike was running a bit whack. He walked inside, saw a bottle labeled NOS, bought two of them, and then poured them in his gas tank.

His bike ran like crap all the way home, then died.

This would be bad enough if it were the NOS Brand Fuel Additive - two bottles of that stuff would be overkill for the gas tank on a Hummer H1. Needless to say, it would seriously mess up this kid's bike.

But it wasn't NOS Fuel Additive.

It was this:

And this dumbass poured TWO bottles in his gas tank.

Confirms what I've always thought about ricers, crotch-rocket racers (most of 'em, anyway), and anyone who thinks they're cool.

Wow. :histeric:

·
Registered
'98 ETC Black 90k miles
1,061 Posts
Damn - I just started a thread on this exact sentiment after reading about it in the Eldo forums.

That's TWO newbie double posts for me now. Crap.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
We did this to my friend's old Mercury Topaz. It didn't change it at all, but that was in 15 gallons of gas. We also threw a bubble bath bead in the gas tank (we were trying to kill it) and boy was that a trip. Gas started bubbling out the filler neck at an uncontrollable rate. It was hilarious.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
In all fairness, the bottles may have been mixed in with the other the automotive products.

On the wrong shelf, in the wrong aisle.
Minus the "ENERGY DRINK" in bold, its an understandable mistake that any 13 year old could have made

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Pranksters + goober = that thread

1meantransam from Gixxer.com said:
i was thinking that as well, but how easy is it to play a joke on some unsuspecting person and put 3-4 bottles in with the fuel injector cleaner section? you get some guy quick to fix his sputtering and doesn't know much about FI cleaner, knows NAWZZZZ is a pretty popular brand and just grabs n goes.

·
Registered
None yet!
1,025 Posts
LOL. Fuel addative does next to nothing. 1988 Toyota MR2 with critical exhaust failure (Mid-engine cars have what is called a "Wiggle pipe" because the motor and rear wheels are more or less directly coupled and there will be more play over a much shorter exhaust system. This was blown among other things). 9-gallon gas tank to start with. Tank of shell high-test on 1/4. 2x octane boost, 2x fuel addative = car passes Mass. Inspection (strictest in nation for emissions at the time, now anything 95 or older gets a free pass!). Then again the Toyota A-series motor and the 4AGE in particular is bulletproof and can soak up monumental amounts of abuse.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
LOL. Fuel addative does next to nothing. 1988 Toyota MR2 with critical exhaust failure (Mid-engine cars have what is called a "Wiggle pipe" because the motor and rear wheels are more or less directly coupled and there will be more play over a much shorter exhaust system. This was blown among other things). 9-gallon gas tank to start with. Tank of shell high-test on 1/4. 2x octane boost, 2x fuel addative = car passes Mass. Inspection (strictest in nation for emissions at the time, now anything 95 or older gets a free pass!). Then again the Toyota A-series motor and the 4AGE in particular is bulletproof and can soak up monumental amounts of abuse.
OK, so if the fuel addative does nothing, then what about the energy drink (for Humans) in your gas tank..... surely THAT must boost octane... or atleast fix a 1-yr old rough running engine....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts