Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 escalade EXT
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 ext and last night i parked my truck and went inside and locked the truck with my fob, next thing i know i hear my starter trying to crank the engine over while i'm in the house. it stopped after 20 seconds. Today i started my truck up with remote start and the truck started up but the starter would not disengage, i tried to put my keys in the ignition and cycle the key nothing worked even tried playing with the fob nothing. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop. The moment I tried to hook it back up the starter would try to start the truck again

Please help!!

I unplugged the starter and crank relay in the fuse box check the relays they did nothing the starter still went nuts when i put new relays in, i ended up wiggling the wires near the starter and it stopped

Anyone have any Idea????

·
Registered
993 Posts
Try replacing your battery. My truck would stall and wouldn't start at times. After several trips to the dealer and them trying to fix it, they replaced the battery and it never did it again. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
408 Posts
sounds like there is a short in your starter.. Have the dealer tow it in and let them check it out.. after wiggling your wire you may want to look at the wires and see if there is damage to the wire causing it to short out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts