Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Cadillac SRX all-wheel-drive V6 engine and I’m thinking I have a motor mount/trans mount problem there’s a lot of movement from the engine when are you ideling in park also when I’m at high gear low rpm’s I get a pretty pronounced shaking if I be real easy on the gas it will smooth out and go away or if I accelerate and power through it it will smooth out and go away any thoughts???

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
685 Posts
My 2004 has a lot of "drone" at idle now, not present when new, which I assume is the mounts. With the A/C off, it's much less obvious. I don't think the mounts are too difficult to change, although I'd speculate that the 20 dollar dirtbag ones from China are not much if any better than worn out OEMs. The AC Delcos are 90 bucks each on Rockauto. If you try the cheap ones and they work, let us know, I might be willing to spend 40 bucks to idle quieter.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,962 Posts
I'm seeing a couple different part numbers for LH and RH (driver and passenger) when I look online. Looks like the difference may just be the presence or non-presence of a heat shield. One of the part numbers (22887775) is shared with the CTS-V. With that being the case, it may be worth checking with Creative Steel to see if their stronger poly motor mounts would work on the SRX. I know the fluid-filled factory mounts are prone to failure on the CTS-V, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what you're seeing on your SRXs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts