Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Engine swaps for 1984 Fleetwood

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Cadikid85 
#1 ·
Does a 1998 350 of a chevy fit a 1984 Cadillac fleetwood? If so What modifications have to be made?

#6 ·
  • My understanding is that the Olds swap would require the engine mounts from a Fleetwood equip with Olds engine. Not sure about the rest of the drive line, it would make sense to keep for GM to keep it the same. I had a Fleetwood 1988 and it still had 4bbl carb. You probably could make run but with out correct wiring not sure if all the info center would work. If u were going to put a 307 why not go the whole hog and put a 403, or 455. I would a donor Fleetwood that has all stuff u need to convert. The engine itself has the same outside dimensions and mounts 307,403,455. For the bigger engines I would change transmission to 4l60 or 4l80. Drive shaft length is easily adjusted. I did it on my 1 ton swapping manual to automatic. If u really want the Chevy 350, you could looked into 1990 donor car, it came with 350 Chevy and should have all u need to convert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.