Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have so questions to ask,I have 2008 xl7 suzuki which has gm engine LY7,my engine broke down so Iam looking to swap it some of my friend suggested that cts 3.6 engine would fit in,so can you give guys give me some advice?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,024 Posts
I moved your thread from the '09-15 CTS-V forum, since nobody in that forum has an LY7. With that said, the CTS-V owners are probably just as likely to know the answer to your question as the folks in this forum, so maybe moving it didn't matter.

While the XL7 does have an LY7, it's unlikely it's exactly the same as the CTS (or any of the other vehicles that used the LY7 - see the list here). You'd have to do your homework to figure out what is and isn't the same - sensors, cams, cam triggers, intake manifold, etc etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello I am interested whats difference between cadillac cts 2007 engine 3.6 ly7 v6 and suzuki xl7 3.6 v6 ly7,because my suzukis engine blew up and I am trying to build up engine from parts from cts engine and xl7 engine,should I leave xl7 intake manifold and mass airflow and use cts camshaft,cylinder block and rest parts?like my engine parts some are useful and as much I did research there are only few minor difference rest engines are almost same but I want to make sure if engine mix would work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts