Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Cadi fans: my Seville SLS "service engine" light stays on. I called Cadi svc mgr who said it may be simply the gas cap. I took it off and put it back on and after 1 week the light is still on constantly. Have you had any experience with this? thanks! Mike D

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
First thing to do would be to check for codes. To check for codes (from Caddyinfo.com):
  1. Turn the ignition switch ON.
  2. On the Climate Control panel, press the OFF and WARM buttons simultaneously.
  3. Hold the buttons depressed until all display segments on the CC/DIC and instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) illuminate.
  4. After the segment check, the diagnostic trouble codes will be displayed. Each trouble code consists of the system identifier, a three-digit code identifier and the current or history identifier. If no codes are present for a system, a NO X CODE or NO X DATA message will be displayed.
    • E -- ECM trouble code
    • P -- PCM trouble code
    • C -- Current trouble code
    • H -- History trouble code
    • NO X CODE -- No code present (X represents the system)
    • NO X DATA -- Communication lines are not operating (X represents the system)
Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
21 Posts
there's a different method for checking the DIC codes on the 2000+ models, use the buttons to the right of the instrument cluster (info reset, on/off) not the temperature control buttons. do a search for checking codes in this site for more info...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tryn2befree said:
there's a different method for checking the DIC codes on the 2000+ models, use the buttons to the right of the instrument cluster (info reset, on/off) not the temperature control buttons. do a search for checking codes in this site for more info...
You are right, I can't check code through the climate controls. I'll try your idea. thanks! Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
MD0001