Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CT6 - Premium Luxury - Moonstone Gray
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 CT6 and whether I turn the auto stop off or on it shows AUTOSTOP OFF on my dash. The engine auto stop works with no issues, I am just confused by what the dash is saying. A picture of what I am seeing is shown below. Does this mean something else besides the auto stop being off? I suspect that this is a silly question and I appreciate you indulging me.

·
Registered
SRX,ATS,CTS(2), CT6
161 Posts
You are misinterpreting. When the engine auto stops, the tach will point to autostop. When the car is off, tach points to off.

Status of auto start/stop is indicated by the light on/in/near the switch. When you change it from off to on or vice versa you may get a momentary notification in the DIC section of the cluster.

Don't quote me verbatim as my 2020 is a little different. I'm going on recollection of my earlier cars plus experience in other gm vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 CT6 - Premium Luxury - Moonstone Gray
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. After putting way more thought into it than I should have I eventually came to the same conclusion.

·
Registered
03 EXT Sold / 11 CTS V Coupe sold / 15 CTS Vsport sold / 16 CT6 TT
240 Posts
My 16 has that same auto stop verbiage and it is there all the time even when I disengage that feature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts