Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this is my first CTS-V 2005 ). I have owned 4 GTO's and I never had this problem. Every time I shut the car off it shakes. I think its the motor but not really sure, any ideas? I also here a whistling sound when I accelerate, any ideas on this?

The dealership I bought the car from is a PITA and doesn't want to fix anything( car is still under warranty ). I just need a list, or where to find them, of the most common problems with this car.

The car has 29k miles. Should I just go through and change all fluids?

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Mine shakes when I turn it off too.. I think the fix is to just replace to motor mounts.. The whistling could be your air intake. If the car has an after market intake system, it'll usually whistle pretty loud..

·
Registered
GROO-V
2,853 Posts
OK, so this is my first CTS-V 2005 ). I have owned 4 GTO's and I never had this problem. Every time I shut the car off it shakes. I think its the motor but not really sure, any ideas? I also here a whistling sound when I accelerate, any ideas on this?

The dealership I bought the car from is a PITA and doesn't want to fix anything( car is still under warranty ). I just need a list, or where to find them, of the most common problems with this car.

The car has 29k miles. Should I just go through and change all fluids?
Definately sounds like a bad motor mount... Easiest thing to do is to look for fluid leaking out of the mount. You can also inspect them with a mirror to see the top of the mount, that's where they usually crack. If they're cracked and have fluid leaking out of them, they need to be replaced.

T

·
0 Posts
I replaced my motor mounts and the shake is now gone. The mount itself looked fine so the dealership would not fix it, however I just did it myself and no more shake.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I replaced my motor mounts and the shake is now gone. The mount itself looked fine so the dealership would not fix it, however I just did it myself and no more shake.
How hard was it to replace? and What did the removed mount look like i.e. could tell it was borken?

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Like everyone has said, most probably leaky motor mounts that need to be replaced. I've had it done once, and need it again. I'm goin to try and hold out until Luke from Lindsay comes back to us and let's us know if UUC can come up with a poly replacement mount.

If you wheel your car around at all, the torque snap of the engine will inevitably wear out the OEM mounts over time. I'm outta warrantly, and if I have to pay to replace them, I only want to do it once. I have not doubt that I'd wear out the liquid filled OEM's YET again.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
My motor mounts just got replaced as well. doest do it too much. I wouldnt worry about it. Just parts slowing down.

T

·
0 Posts
It was not easy to do! I had some help though and used there lift. However even with the help it still took all day on Sat to do. The old ones had no fluid left in them!
Keep in mind though this is the first auto repair I ever did myself. they just told me how and I did it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts