Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The L3B 2.7L L4 turbo engine:

I am very impressed in the above motor's posted horsepower and torque and being available in this model. For those that have this engine in your vehicle, I would like some input on your experience: such as performance, reliability, oil usage, sound, etc.

Thank you

· Registered
21 Posts
Performance - still 50 miles from breaking in, feels nice so far, i came from a v6 x3m....doesn't feel as powerful at first but it does have it in it. im adding a jb4 to makeup for the rest. The rwd is nice, love fishtailing in the rain. lol
- my x3m was doing around 3.4 0 to 60 and it feels far faster. lets see in 50 miles. i think with the jb4 i cant get close to the performance, still haven't fully punched it.
reliability - idk its my first caddy, oil usage 🤷‍♂️ its a lease ill give it back in 3 years....
Sound - love the sound but i have been putting it on 2/3....3 is to loud, but it sounds like a 4cylinder. So i went to the second setting. Turbo sound is nice, i added a H&K filter and you def hear the turbo more, wish they made a blow off valve kit for it, ive looked around. I was used to my performance exhaust from bmw.....:/ The only sound note i get from the exhaust is at the end of gear changes with windows down. Hope that helps somewhat

· Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,953 Posts
I like that engine in my CT4V.

If you like performance and want the 2.7, I recommend getting the CT4V. The V has better seats and other sport stuff, for not much more $$, if you custom order what you want. In stock V's tend to be expensive, after the dealers option it with sunroof, 19" wheels, and more.

· Registered
5 Posts
It's actually a lot of fun 0-60 is 4.6 beats most base stock v8's from dig or roll. I have the V the traction management is great and the exhaust crack when shifting is awesome and addicting. At full throttle only. It handles amazingly. All around a very strong performing car and I wish I could get a tune and beat some scats with it.

· Registered
2023 CT4 wish
20 Posts
I'm in the same boat, trying to decide between 2.0 and 2.7 in a new ct4 - electrically-driven water pump and 10 speed sounds like the ticket (2.7 l3b motor) now a V or no is the question I need to answer (lucky am in no hurry)

· Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,953 Posts
The 2.7 is a lot faster than the 2.0 and MPG isn't much lower.

If getting the 2.0, consider the Sport for better seats.
If getting the 2.7, get the V for better seats and other stuff.
If you are getting RWD, the V has MRC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts