Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vreaks -

A couple of weekends ago I changed fluids in the V. I meant to post this a while ago - but the oil life monitor was down to 7% (4,300 miles). What was curious is that when I went to reset it, well, it already had.

I didn't disconnect the battery or anything - but did let it drain for a good hour (filter and plug).

Anyone else ever see this?

If you tell me I'm freakin nuts, well, that's OK. It would help explain a lot of other things in my life :helpless:

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
No but i'm a:alchi:and the 80's were very hard on my short term memory.I have reset mine on accident.What was the question?

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rp64ctsv -

the question was where are the pictures of those boobs in question on the DIC? Wait a minute...I got that wrong. The 80's, 90's, a 00's have killed my short term memory :alchi:

The real question is whether I reset it on accident (doubt it, because I've NEVER F'ed up anything in my life before, save for 31 days in September :histeric: )

I still want to see the pictures of the boobs. I like those IForge wheels so much - the boobs had better be good.

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Mine was accidently reset while playing with some new nav songs.Way to much button pushing.Works fine now!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are you guys running synthetic oil in your engines or just "regular" oil? You can run the engine on "regular" oil without invalidating the warranty, right?

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ctsvett said:
did you press ok when it warned you to replace the fluid?

Did you flash it with EFILIVE? The flash can reset the oil monitor if you do a full flash..

Reed

No EFILive flash at that time...and I didn't get a warning?

OK, we'll assume I'm crazy from this point forward :hide:

·
Banned
156 Posts
:rant2: No you can not run regular oil and you will void the warranty if they can prove that the engine caused the failure .
ualdriver said:
Are you guys running synthetic oil in your engines or just "regular" oil? You can run the engine on "regular" oil without invalidating the warranty, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts