Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Engine number ? on an EXT

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  the APEMAN 
#1 ·
Hello,
Lucky, my beloved EXT, and I have retired to Jamaica. There is something called a "fitness" inspection here. You go to the tax office, pay a fee, take the paid fee to a government inspector and present vehicle. The inspector will not sign off on fitness because he cannot find the "engine number." I have called Claude Nolan shop in Jacksonville, where I bought the good boy and they think I'm crazy. They say that there might be a part number on the engine. That same number would be on all 2004 EXT's and even their shop manager doesn't know where it would be.
I keep insisting that the VIN, the number on the Florida title should be the number he is looking for.
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as engine number on other exports?
Even the Jamaican shipping company that shipped him says inspector is just being difficult.
I am trying everything.
Thank you so much for the information, even if it is to say that inspector must be nuts. Any explaination will do, I want to driiiive.
Irie:cookoo: :confused:

#2 ·
there is a casting number which will be the same for all models with that same engine

there will be a small ground flat spot with your VIN stamped on it

and there maybe a serial number on it if it was specially built for export

#5 ·

The vehicle identification number (VIN) is located on the left side rear of the engine block (1) and is typically a 9 digit number stamped or laser-etched onto the engine at the vehicle assembly plant.

The first digit identifies the division

The second digit identifies the model year

The third digit identifies the assembly plant

The fourth through ninth digits are the last 6 digits of the VIN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.