Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago we purchased an '03 CTS 3.2 L. Now, I would like to see if I can get the coffee grinder up front a little quieter. Has anybody had any luck with sound proofing the hood area with Dyna-Mat or Frost King from Lowe's?:cheers:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
How many miles on your '03? The serpitine belts are a bit noisey but not really that bad. Maybe you have another problem?:hmm: The Caddy is usually pretty quiet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 33K on the clock. There is nothing wrong with the engine that I know of other than some light valve train noise, which I consider normal. I hear it on acceleration but not cruising speeds. All I wanted to do was see if I could make it a little quieter. No biggie.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
WELL YOU SHOULD ALREADY HAVE A UNDERHOOD INSULATOR. i'M TOLD THE DYNAMAT MATERIAL IS SUPERIOR (sorry caps) You could replace what you have and also add some under your front carpeting that runs up the fire wall. If you wanted to go farther you could remove your wheel well liners and add dynamat to those to reduce tire noise. A lot of music guys add it to the trunk areas too. good luck!

:welcome:to the Forum :bouncy: :D :yup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RobertCTS said:
WELL YOU SHOULD ALREADY HAVE A UNDERHOOD INSULATOR. i'M TOLD THE DYNAMAT MATERIAL IS SUPERIOR (sorry caps) You could replace what you have and also add some under your front carpeting that runs up the fire wall. If you wanted to go farther you could remove your wheel well liners and add dynamat to those to reduce tire noise. A lot of music guys add it to the trunk areas too. good luck!

:welcome:to the Forum :bouncy: :D :yup:
Thanks Robert...I did the trunk area of our C5 coupe with Dynamat and it made a considerable difference. I might do this in the near future if it bugs me enough. If I do, I'll try and take pics and post the project on the forum.
I enjoy this forum and look forward to chatting with everyone in the future. I am also a member of the Corvette forum, but since we are selling the Vette, I have kind of made the switch to the CTS forum.:cheers:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Another Corvette owner!:p I have a '72 Corvette convertible, red on red.

I've toyed with the idea of selling mine too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Another Corvette owner!:p I have a '72 Corvette convertible, red on red.

I've toyed with the idea of selling mine too.
I've owned two..a 94 admiral blue coupe, and a 99 C5 Navy Blue coupe. I traded my 99 in when I bought my CTS in march 04, but I do miss it on these gorgeous warm sunny days like today. A Vette is not at all practical, especially in a climate like Wisconsin, but they sure are nice when you can drive them.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
strindl said:
I've owned two..a 94 admiral blue coupe, and a 99 C5 Navy Blue coupe. I traded my 99 in when I bought my CTS in march 04, but I do miss it on these gorgeous warm sunny days like today. A Vette is not at all practical, especially in a climate like Wisconsin, but they sure are nice when you can drive them.
My wife and I are real motor heads. The Corvette is America only real sports car. I've owned the older models, '65,'66 & my '72. I've owned this '72 for 20 years.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RobertCTS said:
My wife and I are real motor heads. The Corvette is America only real sports car. I've owned the older models, '65,'66 & my '72. I've owned this '72 for 20 years.
Man, yours is beautiful and just the right color too! I often think I should have opted for an older Vette...there is just too much computer controlled stuff on the newer ones. This is ours, but it is up for sale:

Anyway, I'm glad to be back in a Caddy......it is much easier to get in and out of!:cool2:

·
Registered
2005 & 2008 CTS
1,362 Posts
Robert what are the specs of your vette? Chrome bumer vettes ar bringing in a nice chunk of change now a days.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
05CTS said:
Robert what are the specs of your vette? Chrome bumer vettes ar bringing in a nice chunk of change now a days.
It's a red on red, 350ci auto with matching numbers. I see nice ones going for $25,000 to $29,000. I paid $15,000 many years ago and put about $6,000 in it.
Nice depreciation.:yup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts