Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
eldorado 1998,130000 miles
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my engine misfiring cylinder #5 is it bad if i drive it like that?can i fix it myself? if not how much is it ti fix? thanks.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,510 Posts
What engine, car, year, mileage. Lots of differences. Update your User CP up in the blue bar ^^^^^ with the info, like mine and others......

C'mon Back !!!!! :alchi:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got 130000 mile on it,its 4.6 v8 ...i think i just found oil leak on it too....its falling apart,i want sts 05:(

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,510 Posts
If the body and running gear are in decent shape you can do an engine/transmission overhaul using info in here and Northstar Performance for one heck of a lot less than a used 05+ will cost. (But, you won't have the tuning options of the newer RWD package, either........)

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,118 Posts
Probably due for a set of plugs and wires. Are they original?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think they ve been replaced like 2 years ago,not sure.the thing is i dont have a place to work on my car (serious repairs)i live in downtown in apt...eh.:banghead:

·
Super Moderator
87,118 Posts
A stethoscope would tell you if the injector is pulsing or not.

You can pull the coil and look for signs of arcing at the contacts. You can also measure the resistance, but I forget what it should be. Someone else will have to chime in here.

Not sure how to test the ICM. FSM would have the procedure. Probably somewhat lengthy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i lost my poker games and went to the car.checked coils they look fine on the inside, the only thing i could find was that two of em were not all the way in on the sparks end(could that be the problem?)

·
Super Moderator
87,118 Posts
Maybe, hard to tell. If it runs better, then most likely yes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts