Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Cadillac Premium Luxury XT5
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light came on the other day ,so I took the srx to the dealer.When they went to look at the vehcle the light went out ,so they said they would just erase the code and sent Me on my way. Yesterday coming home the light came on again. Has anyone had the light issue?

12,778 Posts
Good morning frankrizzo135,

I can understand how this recurrence would be frustrating and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this situation. It looks like you are turning to the forum for some advice on how to proceed, but if you do decide to head back to the dealership I would be happy to provide an additional layer of assistance. Please send a PM my way with your VIN if you would like to discuss this situation further.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
The light came on for a reason. Just erasing it would not solve the problem, hence it came back on. They should have read the code to diagnose the problem! Find a new dealer.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,650 Posts
If the CEL illuminates, a fault code (DTC) will be stored in memory for a specific number of ignition cycles (if the fault clears.) Just because the CEL may not have been illuminated when the tech looked at it, doesn't mean he couldn't have read the DTC. I would speak to the Service Manager or as previously mentioned, or find a new dealer if it's convenient.

CCC

·
Registered
2020 Cadillac Premium Luxury XT5
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got back from the dealer. They found that per bulletin PIP5090C replace cam position actuator . This was the cause of the engine light coming on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts