Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 DTS / 1973 fleetwood
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you turn off the engine light from the driver's seat thru the DIC ?? or some other way, as opposed to the garage having to do it ??

2001 DTS :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Look up "clear codes" or "cadillac codes" on this forum. If it has been covered once it has been covered 1000 times. The reset procedure is there.

More importantly, you need to find out whats causing the light to turn on :rolleyes:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look up "clear codes" or "cadillac codes" on this forum. If it has been covered once it has been covered 1000 times. The reset procedure is there.

More importantly, you need to find out whats causing the light to turn on :rolleyes:
yeah, i searched 'clear codes' and got 15 pages to siphon thru...none which discussed how to get rid of the yellow 'engine light'.

just wanted to know if you can reset the engine light yourself...

i already know whats causing it to go off....p0410. good for me.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
See the "sticky" in the Tech Tips section. That said, if the fault is still present, the DTC will just reset and the light will come back on.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See the "sticky" in the Tech Tips section. That said, if the fault is still present, the DTC will just reset and the light will come back on.
saw the sticky, thanks.

so the part i'm missing is this - if you reset all codes, THEN, your engine light will go off ?!

so back to the original question, is that the only to shut the engine light off !

·
Super Moderator
86,996 Posts
Yes, the light will go off and the codes that set it will be cleared, but if the fault that set the DTC and turned on the light is not repaired and is detected again, the DTC will be restored and the light will be reset in a viscous circle.

·
Registered
Cadillac 98 Sedan deVille
4 Posts
You can go to the local auto parts store, or get a code reader and turn it off, but until the problem is fixed-it will come right back on.

·
Super Moderator
86,996 Posts
No need for a code reader on a Cadillac. It is all done from the DIC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts