Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Engine icon is illuminated on my '07 Escalade, and OnStar is suggesting to either wait a few more starts (seven total) after tightening the gas cap or bringing it in for a service check. I'm too busy during the week, but will bring it in on Saturday if it's still there.

Anyone else experience this issue?

·
Registered
Cadillac
23 Posts
Mine has done the same thing and I was offered the same suggestions by Onstar. But i've started it more than 7 times, but it hasn't been 7 days (they told me that it could take up to 7 days for the light to go off, if not take to dealership). I'm curious what the outcome on yours was.

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
467 Posts
Just yesterday my wife was driving to upstate NY with our 3 kids and her check engine light came on (@15k miles) then the traction control; and a loss of power. She called OnStar and was told to pull over. Tow truck picked up her and the kids and brought them to the nearest Cadillac dealer. They were great!!! Diagnosed it as a bad wire in the wiring harness. Changed it while waiting and had her on her way! Although it was a bad experience Cadillac came thru thanks to Barton Birks Cadillac Chevrolet in Newburgh NY!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
31 Posts
Just yesterday my wife was driving to upstate NY with our 3 kids and her check engine light came on (@15k miles) then the traction control; and a loss of power. She called OnStar and was told to pull over. Tow truck picked up her and the kids and brought them to the nearest Cadillac dealer. They were great!!! Diagnosed it as a bad wire in the wiring harness. Changed it while waiting and had her on her way! Although it was a bad experience Cadillac came thru thanks to Barton Birks Cadillac Chevrolet in Newburgh NY!!!
I'm glad that you got that resolved.

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
I know the gas cap can set it off, ask my wife :eek: , but there could be several things. Is the truck running ok?
Gascap???? what does it do?

Call me boring here, isnt OnStar supposed to be able to tell you what the car thinks it is, anyone can tell you the light is on (infact the truck does that already), so whats the point of OnStar?

Me

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
The gas cap must be securely tightened as part of the emissions control system; if not tight it will cause a "check engine" light. Google for more info.

OnStar can run cursory diagnostics and determine some codes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts