Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
srx 2004 awd v8
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on the highway yesterday, I noticed that the check engine light ( outline of an engine) on the dash came on and started flashing (blinking) for about 25 seconds then went out and didn't repeat. At the same time, a small orange/yellow "car figure" appeared on the dash as well. It went from yellow/orange to green. Can anyone tell me what the issue may be on the engine light flash? I'm going this morning to have any codes read.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
347 Posts
Flashing engine light sounds like a misfire condition. Numerous possible causes. If it stays out I wouldn't worry about it.
Amber car figure indicates you are following someone too closely.

PS If you're a habitual tailgater you can that function off. :ROFLMAO: My wife has.

·
Registered
srx 2004 awd v8
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flashing engine light sounds like a misfire condition. Numerous possible causes. If it stays out I wouldn't worry about it.

PS If you're a habitual tailgater you can that function off. :ROFLMAO: My wife has.

Seriously? LOL. I had no idea about why the little car figure was switching back and forth from green to amber! And, no, I'm not a tailgater. Well, at least I thought I wasn't until today.:D

·
Registered
srx 2004 awd v8
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously? LOL. I had no idea about why the little car figure was switching back and forth from green to amber! And, no, I'm not a tailgater. Well, at least I thought I wasn't until today.:D
I did have a code of P0300 today which states misfire condition but doesn't state where the misfire is.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
820 Posts
You can set the warning distance trigger. Also sets the follow distance for the adaptive cruise. Button on steering wheel looks like front end of one vehicle w/ back end of another w/ crash 'star' in between. Press repeatedly to cycle from near, middle, far.

Max

·
Registered
srx 2004 awd v8
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can set the warning distance trigger. Also sets the follow distance for the adaptive cruise. Button on steering wheel looks like front end of one vehicle w/ back end of another w/ crash 'star' in between. Press repeatedly to cycle from near, middle, far.

Max
Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts