Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm having an issue where twice over the last month the engine has died while I was driving and coming to a stop. Both times it fired right up after turning the key and displayed no error codes or check engine light. I realize this could be a lot of different things but is there anything specifically I should be checking for? Again it's not happening regularly or every time, just twice over about a month time period. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had this happen to me in an old car (not in the Escalade)..
The fuel pump was going bad. I dealt with it until I broke down for reals.

Fuel pump.. That's my guess

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input, that was one of my first guesses too. I wonder if a good scan tool would show any fault codes. I just don't want to replace anything that hasn't gone bad yet.

·
Registered
581 Posts
should be a code stored, P0230? If not it could be a vacuum leak. Throttle body cleaning.
Transmission? Try neutral coming to stop.
Hard if its intermittent

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess the only other thing I could add to this is I've also been having intermittent P2135 "TPS, Throttle Body, Low voltage" etc error occuring as well. I thought I dealt with it months ago by replacing the throttle body, sensor, pedal sensor, and ECU. But it's coming back, at first I thought the 2 were unrelated but now I'm wondering if the fuel pump is the real culprit here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How is the oil level and the conditions of the oil? I’m not ruling out the fuel pump being bad, but for the pump to die only when coming to a stop does not make any sense. Maybe and cam or crank sensor is my guess. Get a fuel pressure gauge or a good scan to and look at fuel pressure when it act up. It could be a bad fuel pump control module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
581 Posts
Any P0573 code? Does it go into limp mode?
There is a recall 10yr for the throttle sensor but it is for 08-11 Escalade 11273B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts