Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Deville DTS
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Deville DTS with 85K miles on it. Today I got in the car, put the key in and started it. 3 seconds later the engine died. I took the key out and tried again same thing but now the steering wheel was going up and down, in and out without stopping and the lights on the dash where clicking on and off, almost like possessed. I took the key out. After trying this 3 or 4 times I put the key in and before the car could die after 3 seconds and put the shift into Drive. The car was fine and ran normal. I drove it home 40 miles away no problem. When I got home I put the car into Park and the car was still fine. I turned off the car and immediately tried starting it again, same problem that I had before. The car dies after 3 seconds and the steering wheel goes crazy. I disconnected the battery for a minute and reconnected it. I tried the car again and same thing. Any help?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,575 Posts
Yikes! The electrical gremlins are having a party. Start by pulling the DTC's and see if anything shows up that would give us a clue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts