Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the engine cover serve a real purpose or are most of you hanging it on the garage wall? :hmm:

D

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
lots of folks opt for the Vette FRC's that get rid of the soap dish we received from the factory.

F

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Mine's on the garage wall (wouldn't fit over the Maggie :) )

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Mine got the v emblems flossed off and the one I didn't ruin went on the volant lid.The rest is headen for the curb tomorrow.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
urbanski said:
mine's on CVP33's car :D
That's a fact. Although it bears little resemblance to the factory one. :lildevil:

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Don't chuck it out . make coffee table out of it . Wooden platform covered in marble brochures on each side then covered in glass held up by 2 rims . Great in the shop especially when a new guy comes by and then wait for all the questions about the V Anything to do with caddy don't get thrown!!!!!! EXCEPT THE DIFF.:histeric: :histeric:

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
I live in KS,somebody will dig it out of the trash and make it into a hoodscoop.

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
Come to think of it i cought a guy in my shop garbage bin 2 weeks ago at 6 AM . he said he was looking for oil filters. MUST HAVE BEEN A DODGE PARTS GUY:cookoo: :cookoo:

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
DaveBlk said:
Don't chuck it out . make coffee table out of it . Wooden platform covered in marble brochures on each side then covered in glass held up by 2 rims . Great in the shop especially when a new guy comes by and then wait for all the questions about the V Anything to do with caddy don't get thrown!!!!!! EXCEPT THE DIFF.:histeric: :histeric:
That coffee table idea ain't half bad. And come to think of it, I do have enough blown up diff's to make a living room full of furniture. You may be on to something here. :highfive:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
makes a nice trash can lid..

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
For the last 2 years i've kept all my tires i've cooked on all my hi po cars. when were drinkin it brings back a lot of memories lookin at them on the rack:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 Black Raven CTS 1SB, Luxury and Sport packages
172 Posts
It does have a purpose beyond decoration, even though it looks like a big, "unique" Tupperware bowl.

Cadillac CTS-V Enters Elite High-Performance Luxury Club

"Engine Cover – To help reduce under hood noise, a unique nylon cover is fitted over the top of the engine. A closed-cell foam under the nylon ensures acoustical refinement. The specifically designed cover ties into the exterior of the vehicle and features the Cadillac wreath and crest displayed in the center, and V-Series identification positioned over each cylinder bank."

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
skepticman said:
"Engine Cover – To help reduce under hood noise, a unique nylon cover is fitted over the top of the engine. A closed-cell foam under the nylon ensures acoustical refinement.
I've sure spent a lot of money to undo these with the Maggie and the Xpipe. :histeric:

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Dennisscars said:
makes a nice trash can lid..
:histeric: Still my favorite. I laugh every time I see this. Yah it serves a purpose but the LS6 is a thing of beauty and should be shown, not hidden for the sake of a few db.

My FRCs are on order from the afterthought place (not sure is they're a sponsor so won't name drop). Silver Cadillac lettering on Corvette Victory Red paint. Red you say? Why yes... to honor the engine of my other favorite marque. Can you say red head in Italian?

The OE cover will go on the wall (or afixed to my recycle bin!) after I strip the V emblems and make a pair of earrings for the missus.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts