Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 2008 3.6DI Sport Luxury
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just replaced engine coolant, because GM recommends to do this every 5 years. The drained coolant was clear so I skipped flushing and just started to add a new one. I used amsoil antifreeze in proportion of 60/40. I was surprised I couldn't fill the system at once by reservoir. I had to squeeze water hoses, even pour some coolant directly to main engine output hose. I had to run engine few times to help gravity. Finally, after 3 hours of fun I filled up the system and everything's good.
However, it remains a little weird anyway...

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,338 Posts
Look for an AirLift system. Saves a lot of this hassle, and not too expensive for the DIY'er at home.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What application do you mean? When I look for AirLift in google I receive suspensions mostly.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very useful tool. Thanks.
However, first time I had so many problems with filling the system with new coolant. Usually it takes 15 minutes without using any tools and tricks.

C

·
0 Posts
My b.f. builds a lot of GM race engines from learning and watching they only do it with that tool because the newer engine setups do not have the bleeder screws for the coolant system like the older 90's stuff.
That is my personal observation anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts