1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Eldorado
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What color was the 500 in 1974?

Does anyone have any motor pics?

When i pull the motor, is the normal 1 ton engine stand strong enough for the motor or do i need another one.

Thanks

·
Registered
Too many...
878 Posts
http://www.hirschauto.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=27&Product_ID=1&CATID=1

Thats the stuff we use at the Bentley/RR shop i work at... the owner has a couple of cads there and ive seen the stuff... the colors are a perfect match and its probably one of the best engine enamels out there as well as their other stuff... you can get some from Eastwood too... roughly same price and quality.

Engine stand? These blocks arent as heavy as you think... even an assembled longblock is well within the range of a 1 ton stand.

·
Registered
78 Fleetwood w/ FI 472/ Switch pitch TH400
240 Posts
Did you brush this paint on or spray it? Is it a pain in the ass to brush it on? - Justin

·
Registered
1970 Sedan deVille hardtop
595 Posts
Our engines weigh less than most other big block V8's. A 2000# stand should hold three complete 500's and have capacity to spare! You've gotta go waaaay back, like the old Caddy V16's to find gas-powered passenger car engines even over 1000#. Sounds like your stand is built with big truck diesel engines in mind!
It is a four-wheel stand though, right? I have heard horror stories about those three-wheel stands tipping over.

·
Registered
Too many...
878 Posts
Fleetwood472 said:
Did you brush this paint on or spray it? Is it a pain in the ass to brush it on? - Justin
It comes out much better if you spray it on with air-gun... im not a huge fan of rattlecan jobs. Hand painting sticks very well too but usually doesnt come out as smooth as a spray on.

·
Registered
74 Eldorado
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JTraik said:
It comes out much better if you spray it on with air-gun... im not a huge fan of rattlecan jobs. Hand painting sticks very well too but usually doesnt come out as smooth as a spray on.
Yep ......

4 wheels that the only way to roll...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts