Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Deville Sedan 4.1 V8
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, there are Rubber Bushes situated along side the Crankshaft pulley and resemble what looks like Anti roll bar Bushes but some sort of Engine mounts, a long bar with bushes either end but I cannot find anything in the service book. Has anyone got any ideas? I forget to take a picture plus the weather here has been pretty crap so no chance of getting under neath. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,211 Posts
That's the front suspension anti-sway bar.

Diagrams and discussions in the GM/Cadillac service manuals. Either subscribe the car to www.alldatadiy.com or get a real GM/Helm paper set from eBay. Chilton and Haynes are alomot useless for these cars.

Link rod ends and bushings in www.rockauto.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iv'e changed all the anti sway bar bushes (Anti roll bar) and this is not it, its a single mount which is situated just behind the Crankshaft pulley. I will take a picture over the weekend and post it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, here is the item in question to the left of the Crankshaft pulley, it has the bushes top and also the same at the bottom.

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
393 Posts
Looks like it is for engine torque control.
Mounts to engine and frame?
Only on one side of the engine?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you are correct, any ideas where I can get these Bushes from? Can seem to find them on RockAuto.

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
393 Posts
Might be easier to think 'outside the box'. Every old clunker eventually gets to 'unavailable' normal wear parts.
It is a simple part, center hole size/overall diameter/thickness. Might need a phone call. They might even have it.
for example:

Last resort/my way when all else fails is make it. A hole saw and old tire 'sidewall' or conveyor belt material, a couple layers. Old...really old iron used leather snubbers in places like this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts