Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 caddy CTS v6 3.6l, it has a bump to it while idling, opened the hood and took off the engine cover and the engine bumps too, I’ve researched a bit and seen it could be fuel injectors or my air filter, I ran fuel injector cleaner for about a month and nothing happened, I also took apart my air filter today thinking it could be dirt since I do have to travel down dirt roads quite often. And it still does it, I have no clue why or what to do to fix it, any help would be appreciated greatly!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2007 caddy CTS v6 3.6l, it has a bump to it while idling, opened the hood and took off the engine cover and the engine bumps too, I’ve researched a bit and seen it could be fuel injectors or my air filter, I ran fuel injector cleaner for about a month and nothing happened, I also took apart my air filter today thinking it could be dirt since I do have to travel down dirt roads quite often. And it still does it, I have no clue why or what to do to fix it, any help would be appreciated greatly!
The bumping may be a misfire.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,391 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!!

An engine vibration is usually due to one or more cylinders misfiring ("miss") due to ignition or fuel mixture problems. Less frequently due to mechanical troubles, but then things are usually nasty noisy.

Have the car scanned at any parts store - it has its own built-in diagnostic system and, if something is wrong - one or more trouble codes will print out.

Use this to further decipher and post any found codes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Aboard !!!

An engine vibration is usually due to one or more cylinders misfiring ("miss") due to ignition or fuel mixture problems. Less frequently due to mechanical troubles, but then things are usually nasty noisy.

Have the car scanned at any parts store - it has its own built-in diagnostic system and, if something is wrong - one or more trouble codes will print out.

Use this to further decipher and post any found codes.

It’s not showing a check engine light will it still bring up a code?

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
486 Posts
Your car can set many codes without setting the check engine light. Some less expensive readers only read some of the codes and some more expensive/specialized can read all of the codes. Some can even display each cylinder misses for this start cycle and/or average misses for the last 10 start cycles. This data would be very helpful to you in running down your problem. Good Luck and get the codes read.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine did this changed spark plugs went away runs smooth now

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
309 Posts
Did you find out what your problem was and if so did you get it fixed?

Roy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I replaced the spark plugs I noticed that on some of them the rubber part on the ignition coil was torn into two pieces, I couldn’t afford to replace them at the time but I’m thinking maybe that could be the issue?

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
486 Posts
A coil is not a part that slowly wears out, It is good or bad. I no longer replace all the coils at one time because they are more expensive. I now do the same for plugs. I replace one only when it develops a miss. Rubber part is replaceable if you can find part. Personally I would go to mechanic shop and ask for some free or cheap "bad" coils from another car and swap the rubber part (and maybe the spring inside) myself. Good Luck.

Please only post 1 thread per problem so information is not divided between 2 or more posts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts