Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
(rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows it swangin fellas.....

its pretty dam cold here in Chicago, an i never went with the autostart option on my remote...and running out to warm up the car for 20 minutes seems like a waste... so i stopped by my locale parts supplier and picked up a engine block heater for the 94fwb....
i dont have any clue of where to install this thing....does any one have one or know how to install it???? its cold i need to hook it up b4 i freeZe!:stirpot:

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (some show and some go!)
607 Posts
I think there are a couple of types of heaters that are aftermarket. An "oil" type and a coolant type.

I think one will just mount on the oil pan and the other actually mimics the factory block heater available in Caprices and Impalas 1994-6 at least and heats up the coolant passages, I believe. There is an AC cord that hangs out and you plug the car in overnight. It really is intended for arctic climates, like Canadian models and places that see sub-zero temps for extended days or weeks.
It is quite cold in Chicago, but not that cold.

The remote start would be a better option IMO. With the "passket" however you have to spend more money and get a compatible module that interfaces with the remote start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts