Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I’m new to Cadillac world. I was doing some research and got to know about myCadillac app on iPhone. When you connect your car with the app, you can use features like remote start from your iPhone. As far as I know, it requires OnStar subscription. In December 2020, they discontinued OnStar and I was wondering if there is an easy alternative to remote start 2010 SRX with iPhone. Please let me know if you have any kind of information on this topic. Thank you

·
Banned
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
807 Posts
Hello everyone,
I’m new to Cadillac world. I was doing some research and got to know about myCadillac app on iPhone. When you connect your car with the app, you can use features like remote start from your iPhone. As far as I know, it requires OnStar subscription. In December 2020, they discontinued OnStar and I was wondering if there is an easy alternative to remote start 2010 SRX with iPhone. Please let me know if you have any kind of information on this topic. Thank you
Um, I don't know about anyone else, but I still have OnStar....

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,562 Posts
Yup - me, too - and mine is the old 2006 GM conversion from analog to digital.

OnStar HandsFreeCalling goes away next year.

·
Registered
2017 ATS 2.0T AWD. 2008 CTS retired
728 Posts
I think your subscription just expired. OnStar is very much online and functioning now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all your replies. Also it showed on internet that remote start is available starting 2011 model year. I had to get the 2010 SRX. I was wondering if anyone has 2010 SRX or similar and have remote start from their smartphone. Is it possible?

·
Banned
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
807 Posts
Thank you for all your replies. Also it showed on internet that remote start is available starting 2011 model year. I had to get the 2010 SRX. I was wondering if anyone has 2010 SRX or similar and have remote start from their smartphone. Is it possible?
Why is this so important? Do you not have remote start on your key fob?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why is this so important? Do you not have remote start on your key fob?
Yes I have it on my key fob. But the range of the key fob is not so great. With my previous car, I would remote start it from my phone sitting in home and by the time I reach my car, the A/C or heat inside the car would be perfect.
Now, because the range is not so good, it’s not convenient

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
561 Posts
If the range isn't good (100ft or so at least) then you have a bad receiver in the car. Our 12' did that. Would only work 5 ft away. They replaced the receiver and was good afterwards for 300ft from the train to the car (direct line of sight).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the range isn't good (100ft or so at least) then you have a bad receiver in the car. Our 12' did that. Would only work 5 ft away. They replaced the receiver and was good afterwards for 300ft from the train to the car (direct line of sight).
So far I haven’t tried 300ft. Maximum I have tried is 100ft direct line. I did replace the batteries in my key fob, less than a month ago. But from my apartment to the place where I park is not in direct line. There is another building in between so the range of the remote is not as effective. Also there is no confirmation light on the key fob which might suggest that the car has received the signal

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just wanted to update the thread by saying OnStar is still active. I did start my trial with OnStar. It is just helpful for sending navigation to the car in my case. 2010 SRX doesn’t have a lot of features for OnStar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts