Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's with great sadness that I am writing this post but I just traded in my beloved 08 STS4. I have been here in this STS forum since January of 2006 when I purchased my new 06 STS and then traded that in on the 08 STS4 in 2015. I loved the 06 so much, I had to just have a newer one so I could keep my Northstar. And it had an updated look with a few new features so it felt like it was a different car. The 08 was my 6th Northstar. The Northstar way my favorite feature of the car. When you pressed on that gas pedal, the car threw you back in your seat a little & you just took off!! When you were driving 80, you could still step on that pedal & that car would still throw you back in the seat as it effortlessly went faster and faster. I've been conflicted these last few years because I did not want a V6 Cadillac. I even considered going to an Escalade but in the end, I didn't really want an SUV. I love driving a car. They are just so much more comfortable & to me, more fun to drive. I would have probably kept the STS another year or 2 because it was such a nice riding car but my steering wheel failed again. I just replaced it exactly 2 years ago because it did not heat up & I was told the wheel was still available but it's been a few months & still no wheel. It really bugs me when things don't work, especially when I know there is nothing I can do about it. I ended up going with a 2016 XTS Platinum in Dark Adriatic Blue. It is a beautiful car that rides like a dream. And for only the V6, it is remarkably fast. I can also use regular unleaded gas & the gas mileage is phenomenal compared to the AWD STS. I really am going to miss this forum but I'm not too far away.

Max

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,756 Posts
Congratulations on the new car!

I'm with you on not being able to stand it when things don't work. Not sure I would trade in a car if the steering wheel doesn't heat, but if you can afford it and you want something newer...... Awesome.

I read the XTS forum a lot, so see you over there.

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I'm just weird like that. Pretty dumb, huh? lol Definitely see you over there!

Max

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,756 Posts
It's not dumb. If you want a new car you should get one. I didn't mean that. Just meant I personally would probably let that one go. But I can see it nudging me a bit :) Mine's a part time car, so easier for me to live with it if the time comes.

Now this impending doom with the clock coming..........urgh!!!!!

But some day I will break down and get a way too expensive car.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,017 Posts
That’s 1 hell of a dealbreaker. You sir embody the Cadillac slogan from years ago “Creating a Higher Standard”
Congrats on your new Cadillac.

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Long story, short, so you don't have to read the whole long thread: Right now if we disconnect our batteries, when the Nav boots back up the clock won't work anymore. It's related to GPS and a mistake Denso made with their Nav units.

https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1076682
Wow! That's crazy! I read that theory about an internal battery. That kind of makes sense to me. I remember I had an old Apple computer (at the time it wasn't old. lol). One day it just quit working. Turns out there was an internal battery that when went out, prevented the computer from working.

I sure you you guys figure it out!

Max

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
Good luck Maxim! I too traded my 08 Platinum AWD this past November. I, err, um, changed to Jeep however. I wanted an SUV but the XT5 was too small for me and the Lade was too big and expensive for me. Ended up with the Grand Cherokee Summit Series which to me is top of the line. All STS features except HUD. It's the feature I miss most. It almost drives itself with the driver awareness features but still miss the Caddy. Good luck everyone.

I have new Powerstop rotors, pads and a handful of ACDELCO oil filters if anyone interested. I think I grabbed the Nav DVD as well. Let me know if interested. I live in the central MA area.

Best of luck to you all.

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that would make sense for one or two, but not a whole bunch happening all together that were build in different years.
Good point. The further this gets along, it definitely seems like it is a software issue.

Max

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck Maxim! I too traded my 08 Platinum AWD this past November. I, err, um, changed to Jeep however. I wanted an SUV but the XT5 was too small for me and the Lade was too big and expensive for me. Ended up with the Grand Cherokee Summit Series which to me is top of the line. All STS features except HUD. It's the feature I miss most. It almost drives itself with the driver awareness features but still miss the Caddy. Good luck everyone.

I have new Powerstop rotors, pads and a handful of ACDELCO oil filters if anyone interested. I think I grabbed the Nav DVD as well. Let me know if interested. I live in the central MA area.

Best of luck to you all.
Congratulations! It is always nice to get something new, even if it isn't a Cadillac! The Jeep sounds like it a great car loaded with all the good stuff! Have fun with it!

Max

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to see you go.
Thank you so much Ludacrisvp! We have had some great conversations over the years! Hopefully we still will! I'll just be over in the XTS forum but I'm sure I will be lurking around here too! lol

Max

1 - 15 of 15 Posts