Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 DeVille (Not Concours)

The other day - I have the DV on ramps - looking for a place to mount amber fog lights.

I notice that up under the right side of the bumper - just inside the skirt, beside one of the horns, there is an empty wiring harness plug.
About 3 " wide - single row - labelled A - J or something like that......

Only about 5 of the "slots" have connectors in them.

I assume this is for a Concours option -

but.....

What is it intended for - and is there a use I can use it for now?

Thanks in advance

Pink Panther
1994 DeVille
Alberta Canada
90,000 original miles

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac STS
3 Posts
I recently found the same thing on my 94 STS. It was very clean so it looked like it had just become disconnected but since I cannot find any place for it to plug in I think maybe the slush had cleaned it off. I taped it up by the battery for now, and will try to ask other STS owners around here if I can peek under their cars for the same connection.

Attachments

·
Registered
1992 eldorado 1994 seville sts
3 Posts
i have the same empty plug on mine i was trying to look up what it is and all i found when searching was you asking the same question.

·
Registered
2004 DTS - 1989 Coupe de Ville (since sold)
52 Posts
Hmm, too old for front facing infrared radar and heads-up displays... So maybe a towing option? Hook it up to your motorhome and all the lights work? That'd be a nice option, assuming you'd want to tow a big rig behind your big rig!

Can you get a description of all the wire colors going into it? Might help in a diagram search.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts