Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well where better to ask than a Caddy forum. I am looking for info on what you guys get for tail pipe emmissions. I just took mine through, it was required to go through using 2.8 specs so I was a bit worried.

If anyone has there spec sheet I would love to compare it to what I ended up with.

The skinny on the car.

93 Eldo Motor, with a custom chip with more aggressive fuel and timing curves.
No EGR system
Tranny was an Isuzu 5spd with 245/50/16’s out back.

I ran premium 94 oct fuel with one quart of Methyl Alcohol in the tank. (gas was premixed with I think 5% already so I just pushed it up to about 10%.

I did re-install my Factory Fiero Exhaust with the cat in it for the test.
The car passed with flying colours. Less than ½ the emissions of the average Fiero with a V6.
Our cars are put on an idle test then a dyno run to see emissions at speed.

Here are the results.

·
Registered
'91 Sedan DeVille Silhouette Special
439 Posts
Not from Canada, but in 03 my car read something like this

HC ppm - 0064
CO % - 0.16
CO2 % - 15.6

If you're interested I could go out and get the current inspection with a CAI on it.

·
Registered
1991 Deville / 1989 BMW 635csi
896 Posts
My dads 87 deville passed aircare barely 2 yrs ago. Then he parked it for a year because he was told that engine was starting to go bad, so he got minivan. Then he started driving it again and the car passed with flying colours and lower numbers than the previous test. The car has 170,000 miles on engine with tranny. The engine was also never serviced mehcanically or any gaskets problems. Still going strong. LoL, those idiots think you have a 2.8 V6, i don't think it sounded like v6. Still sweet bro.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be KM, so about 250,000 miles. Which actully is a bit on the low side, I think it is closer to 420,000 kms. I changed the odometer when I moved to a new gauge cluster.

I have owned the car for 12 years got it when I was 17. 5 engines and 5 tranny's later. 2 complete interior changes and most of the body panels have came off and either been changed or redone for one reason or another. (every external panel on a Fiero can be un-bolted and changed with simple ratched and or wrenchs)

She's my baby.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts