Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Texas and unlike NY there are not many hills that require the use of the parking brake. In NY and in DE they don't even test them but here in Texas the parking brake gets tested and mine failed. Actually if failed really bad the brake barely holds the car still in reverse and not at all in drive. Is this a costly repair and is it common in the STS? Also I saw mention of an issue with the fuel pump on the STS-V will that effect my car? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Most of the time it's just the parking brake cable out of adjustment.... It may different on our cars I can't remember exactly

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
I just moved to Texas and unlike NY there are not many hills that require the use of the parking brake. In NY and in DE they don't even test them but here in Texas the parking brake gets tested and mine failed. Actually if failed really bad the brake barely holds the car still in reverse and not at all in drive. Is this a costly repair and is it common in the STS? Also I saw mention of an issue with the fuel pump on the STS-V will that effect my car? Thanks
You have to remove the rear brake rotors..it uses shoes inside them....a simple adjustment....search the forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts