Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm the proud owner of a 1985 Sedan DeVille and am in the process of bringing it back to new condition. I just got a new coat of paint and clear put on, and am getting new emblems for it.

One thing I can't really tell, does the 1985 have emblems on both sides, or just on the passenger side? I do not think mine ever had an emblem on the driver side (not one there before painting and no residue either), however some models do seem to have it.

For example, this picture of the 1987 model at the GM photo store clearly shows one, and so does this picture from Wikipedia. However looking through the Google image pages and all of the hits DO NOT have one...

Was it just the 87 model? Was it a random thing? What should I do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know where to buy new ones, I just don't know if I need to buy one or two. Passenger side only, or both sides--that is the question.

·
Registered
'87 SDV
1,296 Posts
From the factory they came with identical badging on both sides. However, GM used a type of glue that dried out over the years, and the script tended to fall off. Typically, it left little to no residue behind. My SDV script fell off in my hand one day while washing the car.

It's easy to put them back on, but don't use typical trim glue - I put mine on with Weldwood contact cement a few years ago, and I swear you'd have to cut the quarter panel off to remove it now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm the proud owner of a 1985 Sedan DeVille and am in the process of bringing it back to new condition. I just got a new coat of paint and clear put on, and am getting new emblems for it.

One thing I can't really tell, does the 1985 have emblems on both sides, or just on the passenger side? I do not think mine ever had an emblem on the driver side (not one there before painting and no residue either), however some models do seem to have it.

For example, this picture of the 1987 model at the GM photo store clearly shows one, and so does this picture from Wikipedia. However looking through the Google image pages and all of the hits DO NOT have one...

Was it just the 87 model? Was it a random thing? What should I do?

Thanks!
Just a friendly note I carry some great inventory of Emblems for 1985-90 Eldorado, and DeVille...and a few Fleetwood ..if your interested I'm selling them ..let me know before there gone..thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,261 Posts
just a friendly note, selling a few items privately is fine, but if you intend to sell or advertise on a larger scale, you'll need to be an approved vendor on the forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes see this..I'm only selling these last of inventory's I have left ..about 12'or 24 Peace's..of items..thanks for your interest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts