Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been told the eLSD on my 2014 CTS V-Sport Premium is on backorder but the car is safe to drive. The reason it went in for service is I was driving at 45mph when the car automatically slammed on the brakes with a thud, the car pulled hard left, the rear tires were smoking. I turned it back to the right and the car finally stopped. The service person said the steering lost communication with the sensors, the power steering assist needed a software update and that neither would cause the driving issues. So they don’t know why the brakes locked automatically. Also, the differential is making noise that will be replaced under warranty but there’s a 90 day backorder and it’s safe to drive.
I think the differential is what caused the initial loss of control and it is not safe to drive until repaired. What do you think?

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,990 Posts
Differential problems are becoming more common on this MY VSport (see other post) and apparently NONE are availble

t

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
169 Posts
I would bet that it was your differential that locked up, not your brakes. And if it’s making noises now it will never make 90 days of daily driving. That aside, you know what it feels like when the car comes to a screeching halt. Expect it happen again.

·
Registered
2015 CTS V-sport; 2013 ATS 2.0 awd
70 Posts
Read my post from last week captioned "My VSport Tried to Kill Me"--and weep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read my post from last week captioned "My VSport Tried to Kill Me"--and weep.

That’s exactly what happened with my car. I’m somewhat relieved to know the differential locked up and that it wasn’t a malfunction of the automatic emergency braking system. But it was still frightening. I was lucky and didn’t hit anyone and several people stopped to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts