Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Of its' styling "genre" it's OK; it incorporates all the interior and exterior styling cues that are common to every common to almost every car on the market today .... none of which I find particularly attractive or functional. But I guess if you gotta be "the first one on your block" to get an electric car it will do for now.

I guess I will be waiting a longtime for a Cadillac that is easy to get into and out of, but still combines the long hood and short rear deck and formal roof line to make a beautiful work of art like the Sixteen or the recent phaeton. Pug nosed Bugatti poseurs just aren't my idea of a Cadillac that I would won't to own.

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,931 Posts
Of its' styling "genre" it's OK; it incorporates all the interior and exterior styling cues that are common to every common to almost every car on the market today .... none of which I find particularly attractive or functional. But I guess if you gotta be "the first one on your block" to get an electric car it will do for now.

I guess I will be waiting a longtime for a Cadillac that is easy to get into and out of, but still combines the long hood and short rear deck and formal roof line to make a beautiful work of art like the Sixteen or the recent phaeton. Pug nosed Bugatti poseurs just aren't my idea of a Cadillac that I would won't to own.
This

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
been in love with it since it was called "converj"
Its in a fight for 3rd place with me right now
first is still a C5 zo6
second is a fight between a v coupe and a XLR
and the ELR has given the volt a ass kicking

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
If I needed to drive a long distance to commute It would be in my garage. I like the look of the interior hope it feels as good as it looks. If the styling were on the big full size Cadillac I wouldn't care for it. As a little commuter car looks sharp and runs cheap. What more do you need?

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Plug-in electric cars cost far more to charge than people expect. Battery technology still has a long way to go, too. It's hard to find the specs but I figure a full charge on a Nissan Leaf can cost over $10 (@ $0.10 per kwh). With the true cost of a Volt being over $60,000, Plug-in electrics still don't make economic sense.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
^^^ Glad you brought up the true cost of charging up an electric car. This along with the extra strain on an already over burdened electrical grid doesn't bode well for the rapid adoption of this technology. This is unfortunate because the future benefits will be very substantial, but until we modernize and upgrade our power supplies and delivery grids in the U.S. we will be plagued with problems with all the elecrical owered technology coming to the fore front!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts