Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put their Volt or ELR on a low rise scissor lift? We have one here at the school and I'd like to use it for my tire swap, rear brakes, and a rear shock change. Our two post lifts are just about impossible to use with the ELR, I can get the pads under the lifting points, but the arms will contact the side skirts when lifting (even with driving the car up on blocks and extending the pads).

Hoping to use a lift same as this:

Chair Human body Electric blue Plastic Automotive exterior

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,722 Posts
It's back to low priority until I get the garage finished, but there's at least one lift similar to your pic with options for length extender arms and riser blocks for what seems exactly the purpose of off-center loading. It's reasonably priced to boot $2k base to ~$3k optioned up. Sorry, apparently I didn't save the link.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Coupe, 2014 ELR, 2018 XT5 AWD
1,025 Posts
I wouldn't use that.
You will be lifting the vehicle by the rocker panel plastic trim.
I use a floor jack and a 2×4 on the pinch weld Jacking point.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a pic for me? I can make whatever I need in the wood shop, and we have the rubber pads that came with the scissor lift. I'd rather use the 2 post. I was rushed last time I was trying to put it on the 2 post, I had a class soon. I even tried driving it up on some 2x8s, along with sandwiching small blocks of 2x4 on top of the lift pads.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 9000# Rotary two post lift and these work. You may have to adjust the thicknesses to fit your lift. These are made from 2x8's (kind of primitive, but they work!)with the front one using an additional 3/4" piece of plywood. I used the rubber for another 1/4" thickness, could be plywood. These lift on the vertical welded double flange of the unibody inside the side skirts where the manual says to lift. These thicknesses leave about 3/8" clearance between the side skirts and the lift arms.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts