Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Deville Coupe
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
i have a 92 Cadillac deville with 68,000 original miles in almost perfect condition. A couple of months ago my radio went out, I had it replaced with a kenwood so I can play CD’s. Then a couple of weeks ago, my controle center where it tells me the gas milage went completely out. So I can’t even tell how much gas I have now. Now a couple of days ago, my AC control center keeps going off and on. Is this a fuse issue or something else? Please help!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,509 Posts
Hi there!
i have a 92 Cadillac deville with 68,000 original miles in almost perfect condition. A couple of months ago my radio went out, I had it replaced with a kenwood so I can play CD’s. Then a couple of weeks ago, my controle center where it tells me the gas milage went completely out. So I can’t even tell how much gas I have now. Now a couple of days ago, my AC control center keeps going off and on. Is this a fuse issue or something else? Please help!
======================
Is this a fuse issue or something else? Please help!

if a fuse blows - it's finished - the circuit is dead - until the fuse is replaced -

a poor ground could explain the intermittent AC issue -

could also be a failing/failed module -

·
Registered
'89 Sedan Deville
25 Posts
a poor ground could explain the intermittent AC issue -

could also be a failing/failed module -
Agree with basscatt. Even if it's a blown fuse, there has to be something that is causing the fuse to blow. I'd say pull codes but you can't without your fuel screen working. If you could, you'd likely see loss of com with BCM. Diagnostic order of operations would say check grounds first, which I highly recommend, but I'll tell you I had those same symptoms when my BCM went out. At first my fuse kept blowing when I'd turn the AC on, then there was loss of com and my display panels went out. This was just at 77k miles/last year so you're in the same territory age and mileage wise.

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
764 Posts
I would try a BCM first since they are fairly cheap and easy to replace. If that's not it then you have a good spare. A bad BCM usually leaves a letter c or d on the display. I think my AC display used to go blank intermittently but my memory is getting bad now. If the BCM changes nothing then you must have a bad display panel.

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
909 Posts
On my 92 Fleetwood, same symptoms - BCM replacement fixed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts