Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Seville; 95 FWB; 07 DTS
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the problem is electrical, and I am considering replacing the battery cables both positive and negative.

Battery approx 2 years old, had alt tested at local parts dealer...checked ok
DIC read between 13.1 - 13.7 V when running/idling and falls to 11.xV key in "ON"
DTC: P052 and P109

Symptoms: sometimes when I turn the key it kinda drags on for an extra couple of seconds before it fires. Other times, when I turn key nothing...dead, then it cranks and starts on the second/third attempt. While all of this is happening, the dash lights and different displays blacks out. I've also noticed(at night) that when I hit the brake that the headlights will flicker. All of this seems to me, to be related.

Point me in the right direction guys.

·
Registered
94 Seville; 95 FWB; 07 DTS
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK so I go start this morning, turn the key and...allI get is "click" and everything goes dead. This happens on the next three attempts to start. When I move the key from the "RUN" position dash lights and displays come back on. At this point I checked the voltage on the DIC it read 10.7V. On the next attempt to start the car fires right up like it should but immeadiately died. The car finally starts on the next attempt but not before laboring to do so. I held the key in the "RUN" position for about 10 seconds. And It was kinda dragging like low battey, all the dash lights and displays were flickering in and out like a Xmas tree.

Something is clearly wrong and with your help I think we can resolve it.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,623 Posts
Sounds to me like your 2 year old battery has had a short life.

·
Registered
1990 Sedan de Ville 1995 eldorado 2000 buick century
89 Posts
so how come the tester at the parts shop tested as good?
if the battery has a bad cell sometimes the battery will work just fine and other times it wont, if its only 2 yrs old you should still have a warranty so just swap it out for free and try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts