Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that passengers inside my car cannot roll down their windows from their switches, but I can from the driver's side switch. I know about the passenger lock-out on the power window switch, the windows still don't work no matter what position the switch is in. (whether it's on, or off.) The odd part is that they can roll their windows UP, but they can't roll them down. Is this a bad switch?

Also, I've been getting several errors from the cd player. A few days ago I got a "initializing CD" for the whole day and the entire unit was locked up. I couldn't change any settings and buttons did not work. Then today, I got a "Cd COMM error." I had to restart the vehicle to get that to go away. A few miles down the road I got a "cd mechanism error." That went away after shutting the radio off, then back on again too. Are these common problems?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,969 Posts
Your CD player is getting ready to poop the bed. The dealer will exchange it for a refurb unit. I hope you have an extended warranty. Rumor has it that it's about a $900 fix. You'l have to troubleshoot the windows.

·
Registered
CTS
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If the cd changer dies then I am going to just go with an aftermarket Nav unit. Could anyone point me in the direction of how to hook up an aftermarket cd player while still retaining the DIC functions. (cutting out the cd changer and putting a regular double din unit in there instead.) How do you tie it into the rest of the factory BOSE system/DIC? I tried searching but didn't find what I was looking for. :( Has anyone done this?

EDIT: I found the link to do the actual physical part of the installation, but does anyone know how to do the wiring/electrical part of it? That's what I'm worried about. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts